Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

House Complexity
This feature briefly came to me the other day, however I thought it might be worth posting it on the forums.

I was thinking along the lines that houses could possibly have some sort of Armory. This would help house leaders and Captains sort out what items can be borrowed to whom and how long that person has burrowed the item. The leaders and Captains could decide when and how long an item is to be borrowed out and if possible the item could immediately be returned when the timer runs out. The armory would also be a great place to store materials for a potential house project, for the less rich houses, say they want to pool their resources to craft something that none of them could individually afford. An example of this would be, my house would like to pool its resources for a lvl 10 house crafting Attacker shield, yet none of us can afford it individually, so those with certains ranks (possibly Sgts and above) have the ability to drop their materials into the armory for the benefit of the house.

My second idea was that if possible, the house bank could be access by the leader. This would be INCREDIBLY helpful because if you have a large sum of gold that could be used to buy something for the good of the house such as an SHC.

I am aware that these features would not really affect richer houses, as they do not need pooled efforts to get any high level gear, as most of them have been playing it long enough to craft their own gear. I have posted this idea because I feel it would add greater depth, gameplay and teamwork within houses

I am interested to see what others would think of this idea, this post may be edited if I have additional detail to add about this potential idea/feature.
Some houses have armoury characters set up that can hold items. That being said, we are implementing changes to the inventory system soon.
I like the idea of a borrowing system:

Send a borrowing invite (needs to be separate so people don't scam in normal trades), put the item in, select a time of return, done.

This would fix many house scams and trust issues with house/people lending out gear.

On that note there would need to be an ID generated for each item because potentially, the user could sell the item etc, therefore they cannot use that item ID for the trade.

Furthermore, you would need, again, make a generated ID upon borrowing that can detect the item from all inventories rather than just the character. This way the item can be freely shared among the players characters.

So really it's a lot of work when you think about it, but you just gotta let he devs prioritise as they wish.

In the meantime, make a new steam, buy a new war band key, use that account as a bank and use spreadsheets.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Thanks for the input so far. Slayer, I appreciate you explaining how it could possibly work as I do not work that much with programming and gives me and an idea of how it could possibly be implemented into the game.
(29-09-2014, 06:52 AM)MOV_Tacostrom link Wrote: Thanks for the input so far. Slayer, I appreciate you explaining how it could possibly work as I do not work that much with programming and gives me and an idea of how it could possibly be implemented into the game.

No worries, i'm glad the AU community is coming up with more ideas that can be implemented into the mod.

I believe that the primary web task at the moment is merging the inventories of all your characters, this stops having to trade items between all your characters.

If this task were to be completed, it would cut out a large part of work for this project if it were to be implemented. - You would only need to generate a random ID for the traded item, whereas previously you would need to generate an ID for each item created/made (a lot more work).

This is basically how the tomes/barrels work at the moment, as you can only spawn in 2 of each, each individual tome/barrel made/to be made have their own individual ID. When you bring that item ID into the server, it raises a count of that specific ID linked to your account (The ID's also come with the item name IE "Resurrection Tome") (I presume this is to counter the fact that you can own multiple tomes), once the count hits 2, it swaps to whatever item is in your alternate inventory.

This being said, if you own multiple tomes, you can give them to other people to bring in, however you cannot swap between the tomes as the above explains.

Anyway that was off topic but yeah, if the shared inventory gets completed, this could be a fairly simple addition, just takes time (Debugging etc) as the developers don't get paid and they do this for experience, just need to find someone to do the work required Smile
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
A separate ID for every single item? Including materials? The server has barely been able to stay alive the past few days, if it has to keep track of hundreds of thousands of IDs, its poor heart might burst.

Also, changes to inventory doesn't necessarily mean shared inventory.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(29-09-2014, 07:32 AM)Maroon link Wrote: A separate ID for every single item? Including materials? The server has barely been able to stay alive the past few days, if it has to keep track of hundreds of thousands of IDs, its poor heart might burst.

Also, changes to inventory doesn't necessarily mean shared inventory.

It is possible, just unlikely, hence why the 2nd option I mentioned would be a much more suitable option.

That is why I said I "believe", and "If".
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
While having it only generate IDs when you trade an item would cut quite some workload, it would still mean that it'd have to save the ID of every item ever traded, so not to generate double IDs. I'm no expert, but that sounds to me like it's quite a lot more than the server can handle.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(29-09-2014, 07:40 AM)Maroon link Wrote: While having it only generate IDs when you trade an item would cut quite some workload, it would still mean that it'd have to save the ID of every item ever traded, so not to generate double IDs. I'm no expert, but that sounds to me like it's quite a lot more than the server can handle.

You've got a point about the server stress, I have absoloutley no idea how that works as I haven't done any work in that department, but i can answer the other parts based on my knowledge:

You would add a new trading option, rather than sending a trade invite, you would send a borrow invite. After you accept the borrow invite and the time is set etc (Completely new issue), the server would the generate a random ID number for that item(s) that were traded and save it until the timer runs out and the item is returned, afterwards the ID is removed.

If approx say 100 people use the borrowing system, it shouldn't really be that bigger deal unless 100 items were borrowed per borrow request, again, no idea on the server stress issue (was oblivious to this factor at start actually).

I believe that if it were to be implemented this way, it shouldn't have many issues, but then again, got no idea, need to wait on a developers comments on this process etc.
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
We actually already track every item and transaction so its certainly possible. We will consider it. No promises though, we have a lot to implement at the moment.