Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rename Sniper Class to Marksman Class
Hello,

Since Archer Title Tier 4: Sniper is another word for Sharpshooter (Xbow Tier 4), it would be nice to rename it to Marksman Class to avoid misleading of
usability of items (which are usable by more than 1 Class (for example archer, longbowman, infantry, ...)

and like in Native, Sharpshooters are Swadian Elite Ranged Units and Marksman Elite (Vaegir) Archers
I agree with this proposal. "Sniper" does not fit the current intended role of Tier 4 archers. It would actually be more fitting for the Crossbowman tree since they are the ones who can spend more time aiming.

That aside, I've actually always questioned the nomenclature of this mod. Commando and Sniper evokes more the image of a modern soldier rather than that of a medieval skull-basher. I'm sure there are more suitable names that I cannot think of at this moment. At this point it does not bother me too much as I have become accustomed to it, but there are definitely more suitable terms.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Some quick research I was able to do.

Basic History and Info on "Snipers"

Basic History and Info on "Archery"

This was interesting to read, and I learned a few new things.  So "Sniper" was not used to refer to a bow or crossbow user.  It is a rather new term compared to others.  Marksman or Yeoman might be a good term from what I could find.  Yeoman was more defined to those that served as a servant to a lord, and tended to be trained as an archer, crossbowman (when these devices existed), or a man at arms (shield bearer, standard bearer).  Marksman is spot on for archers.  Yeoman would fit only if we considered Tier 4 archers to be farm owners under the Swadian King.  It would actually fit all classes, and that just seems to make Marksman more fitting.

So I agree that if it were to be changed that Marksman would be a good choice.
:o  [glow=red,2,300]Missed it by.....  THAT MUCH.[/glow]  :o

[glow=red,2,300] FOR PONY!!! [/glow]
This game, or rather this mod is historical? Tongue

I agree though, it seems more fitting.
It would be nice seeing the Sniper class being renamed, to me when I think sniper I think modern day long range shooter type of guy, marksman sounds better but it still remindsme of modern day  :Smile
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]