Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Potential gold sink - Purchasable Random Legendary
(24-05-2012, 07:42 AM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote: Hey, players aren't trading legendaries for anything except legendaries and extremely high end craftables!

Let's remove all existing current legendaries, somehow that will solve the low supply high demand problem, which makes legendaries extremely hard to trade for!

Sorry, I'm having trouble following that train of thought.

Jopo was the one who said that, think about it  :Smile
Agree, what about completely removing legendary items as a random loot? Currently they give addictiveness to game by exploiting such human qualities as greed, jealous, envy and selfishness.
I believe by changing the way legendary items are acquired will still keep mod addictive, but in more appropriate way, by its gameplay. Buying legendary items for gold is one of possible solutions, however i think it would be better if legendary items as category would not exist (legendary items will become craft or market items).

P.S.: i have 2 legendary items and will gladly sacrifice them for such change
(24-05-2012, 08:16 AM)Jarold link Wrote: You could make it have a chance to not giva legendary like theres a chance for a low level legendary and then theres a chance to get a high level legandary but theres also a chance for nothing at all. Does that sound good or no  :o

That's how it is... You get nothing MOST of the time you beat the bosses, and then you cry in a corner...
Lag Spike: Polearm
Speed: 1337
Thrust damage: 9001
then thats how it should be buying a legendary PAINFUL REGRET, if you don't get it.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
It'd make more sense if gambling allowed you to attain items ranging from normal marketplace items, crafted items, and legendary items. Of course, if this were the case, the base gamble should not be 4 million gold. I think overall the idea of being able to gamble for items is a nice idea for a gold sink. Of course, every time you gamble you should get something. If each push of the gamble button costed 5k gold, and the chance of getting a legendary were one out of a million, then... I can't do math. But the implications!
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(24-05-2012, 09:21 AM)Fighting Phil link Wrote: Currently they give addictiveness to game by exploiting such human qualities as greed, jealous, envy and selfishness.

So like every other mmo type game ever?
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Glad to see so much feedback Big Grin.

The main goal of this isn't to replace the current method of getting legendaries. This is kind of an added extra. I intended the cost to be high enough, so that your more likely to get a legendary from boss kills before you reach this amount of wealth.

For the unlucky ones that don't get anything and desperately want a legendary, this offers a chance to pay over the odds to get a random one.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(25-05-2012, 05:20 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: It'd make more sense if gambling allowed you to attain items ranging from normal marketplace items, crafted items, and legendary items. Of course, if this were the case, the base gamble should not be 4 million gold. I think overall the idea of being able to gamble for items is a nice idea for a gold sink. Of course, every time you gamble you should get something. If each push of the gamble button costed 5k gold, and the chance of getting a legendary were one out of a million, then... I can't do math. But the implications!

Then there would be an even (50%) chance of obtaining 1 legendary for every 5 000 000 000 gold spent. That's 5 billion :p that'd mean you're 75% sure if you spend 10 billion.
Holy crap :p