Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Sprint function
Well, apart from the fact that I requested for equipment rebalance, everyone seems to be throwing stones at me, saying its a bad idea that clings onto cRPG. While there is merit to their objection however, I feel that my Red Gambeson only gathers dust on my inventory space and I have no incentive to actually use it. Heck, archers in Cour Bouili dont seem to match in realistic terms.

Since people object towards tweaks or limitaions on equipments, a sprint mod(I've never seen in any M&B mod, so it's just a throw in) would be ideal for armour balance without all the fundamental changes in combat.

The thing is, there has to be an advantage in wearing light or medium armour, We all already know that infantry units cant hold their own with poor armour, and the calvary can just escape if things get too hot. If there is a sprint function to allow for a Very short but quick escape, it would allow more sensible use of lighter armours when in combat, and give them an even fighting chance, but heavy armour still mows down hordes hands down.

Light armour weight 0.0 to 10.0 = 1.0 second sprint
Medium armour weight 10.0 to 20.0 = 0.5 second sprint
Heavy armour weight 20.0 & over = no sprint
Sprint recharge rate = 5 seconds

(And if you're wondering about the weights of the armours impact movement speed, I dont see much of a difference in it, aebeit only slightly)

If anyone has a better idea how to make better use of lighter armour, share it here.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
This is a very nice idea. I hope it can be implemented into the mod. It will definitely make people consider their market choices more (also could lead to more armors to choose from for each profession level).
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Hmmm it's not really Warband-y Tongue And it'd really bug me to see everyone (including me) sprinting around every 5 seconds
(12-12-2011, 10:55 AM)Kwal link Wrote: Hmmm it's not really Warband-y Tongue And it'd really bug me to see everyone (including me) sprinting around every 5 seconds

Well, we dont have to make it 5 seconds though, perhaps per 15 seconds, so its more of a use of quick escape tactic rather than an endless spam that can be exploited.

And I was thinking it fires like a power up, you run at a faster speed for a certain time when activated.
That's an interesting suggestion that would make light inf / archers more useful, and make light armor slightly more viable.
Bump.

I still think this is a useful feature to allow the reuse of light Armour.
+1 I like this though relativity HARD to script it would be a good addition. You could raise ever1s base speed then add weight to everything then have a toggle to remove that weight to "Sprint".