Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon block and bots
As you may know, most servers are on autoblock, which gives players a big advantage by allowing them to block everything by spamming right mouse button.

To fix this, EU-4 has been testing manual block for a few days. However, bots can't block anything except thrusts (and lucky chambers), which gives an even greater advantage to players. I guess that's because bots obviously can't block using the manual system (moving your mouse) and can only use the basic block direction (down). Would it be possible to fix this? Kinda tired of seeing players blocking 3 bots at once by spamming right mousing button or slaughtering bots with long weapon overhead spam on EU-4...
Well, people will also die quicker because some people cant block :F
I believe something will be done about this, if not then the server will probably be switched back to the Auto-Block system until something is sorted.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
(13-12-2011, 01:20 PM)Logics link Wrote: I believe something will be done about this, if not then the server will probably be switched back to the Auto-Block system until something is sorted.

WSE might be required to fix this. More generally, improving the bots' AI should be one of the major objectives of the dev team imo. Since it's a co-op game, the AI must be clever enough to be on par with players, so that the game remains interesting and challenging. There are still a lot of things that the AI can't counter, like cav kitting (50 bots following 1 cav guy and ignoring the 10 archers which are killing them) or fast feints (Make a fast overhead feint, the bot stops blocking and holds his attack, then overhead again).
Could more players tell how this manualblock has been working out ?
I would like to hear more results from this testing.
Bots are way easier if you are experienced warband player , wich seems that Jez is not.
lolwhat?

@Hande: well it's definitely cool to have a server where people are required to block manually, it tends to raise the (computer skill) level of players who visit. The downside is of course that bots can't block properly, with that fixed the server would be a lot better to play on Smile
I refuse to use auto block because it will just make me lazy and my manual block skills will degrade over time, manual blocking is apart of the game and people should learn to do it, but hey who am I to judge.
My suggestion is leaving it on. BUT reducing the experience you earn by say %5 to allow the Bots to keep their block and allow the begging or less skilled players to still have a fighting chance.
And I get a penalty even tho i'm using manual block? >.>