Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why not re-imagine barricades?
(20-06-2012, 09:59 PM)Punishment link Wrote: People wouldnt repair their barricades if it would cost then mats(and thus money) all the time.

I don't think it should be a per repair thing. But maybe the craftable item is a "engineer's toolbox" or something like that. And it gets used up like the cade/medic box. Still makes being an engineer useful, and requires some level of item to be acquired, but removes the problem of too many cade crashing the server. If one disappears, then it's gone.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Has potential I think!
I support this. It can be a good idea to have more than 1 choke point, so when we fail at one we can fall back to another one and it can be done and be managed easier with pre-defined cade places by map makers. Also this can make engineers more useful(imagine while people holding the first choke point, 1 or 2 engineer preparing the 2nd one behind us)
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
(21-06-2012, 10:33 AM)Ryu link Wrote: I support this. It can be a good idea to have more than 1 choke point, so when we fail at one we can fall back to another one and it can be done and be managed easier with pre-defined cade places by map makers. Also this can make engineers more useful(imagine while people holding the first choke point, 1 or 2 engineer preparing the 2nd one behind us)

Or more importantly, the group expands out past the first one with some direct fighting until the engineer can repair and then people fall back into the fort if need me. Means the whole team has to be engaged, even when shieldwalling during a hard part because if only one or two people surge out, they're dead.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

I' m glad to see that people are mulling this over and helping to shape it into something that, not only might solve a problem, but actually add to teamwork in the mod. I love the idea of an engineer preparing the next barricade while the troops hold the frontline.

Just a thought, maybe every map doesn't have barricades. I like the idea of different types of maps: nowhere to hide maps, focused chokepoint maps, interior, exterior, etc. It makes sense to have a map like Great Hall with predefined barricades. It's a last-stand interior map, and in real life, we'd have barricades and tables and whatever else blocking that door. On the other hand, some of the outdoor maps might not have them. Heck, there is no logical reason why barricades would show up on that new map which is just a field by the river.

Bottom line is, each map is going to have to be reevaluated and reconfigured if this idea flies.

"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."
-Benjamin Franklin
Editing maps is not a problem. It just takes few evenings.
very good idea!

engineers must be able to repair or re-build cades
Can't say for sure how this will turn out...it will probably further enhance the camping tactics but I doubt there's any stopping that anyway. On the other hand I hope the engineer's role won't become too boring.
(24-06-2012, 12:31 AM)Kwal link Wrote: Can't say for sure how this will turn out...it will probably further enhance the camping tactics but I doubt there's any stopping that anyway. On the other hand I hope the engineer's role won't become too boring.

What's so bad about camping (in this game Tongue)?
I mean, it's a quick way to rack up some nice exp for everyone.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
It's efficient, but boring.