Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Removing Legacy of a Hero and Primeslayer
(26-11-2017, 08:08 AM)Thunderstorm Wrote: Buy deadshot kill boss izi

Gib me legendary my rich german friend, I'll buy a deadshot. Or better yet, start handing them out to all of us who can't afford/unwilling to put real money into the game.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(27-11-2017, 12:36 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:
(26-11-2017, 08:08 AM)Thunderstorm Wrote: Buy deadshot kill boss izi

Gib me legendary my rich german friend, I'll buy a deadshot. Or better yet, start handing them out to all of us who can't afford/unwilling to put real money into the game.

So a quest with a reasonable amount of bots to kill and a reward you can actually buy sth with, like for
example an SHC, a bow or anything else that you can call a weapon or a support item is necessary to
implement. To remind you: The only quests that are completable quickly and go into that direction right
now are "Collecting Heads" and "Congratulations Minion Killer" with rewards of 4k and 25k that are laughable.
And there is another way to limit inflationatory processes that might come with the quests I suggested:
The days you have to wait until it is available again. So instead of making it unique, you can just make it
a 7, 14, or even 30 days repeatable one.

There is in my opinion not a single reason not to do this, other than the interest of those who have, not
to let those gain access to the top, that don't have.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(27-11-2017, 08:25 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote: There is in my opinion not a single reason not to do this, other than the interest of those who have, not
to let those gain access to the top, that don't have.

Time and human resources necessary to set up and properly balance this (not to say the current system is properly balanced...) come to mind. There is also the risk of making a mistake and just making things worse, as the complaints that led to this thread clearly indicate happened with the last attempt at "fixing" quests.

I appreciate the enthusiasm in your many suggestions across the forum, but I think repeatedly hinting at an ambiguous "in-group" trying to keep everyone else in poverty is a little ridiculous. If the developer and admin team had that level of coordination, I think a lot more would be getting done in general.
(27-11-2017, 11:04 AM)Winter Wrote: (...)
I appreciate the enthusiasm in your many suggestions across the forum, but I think repeatedly hinting at an ambiguous "in-group" trying to keep everyone else in poverty is a little ridiculous. (...)

I appreciate the enthusiasm in your many reactions on my posts across the forum, but I think repeatedly hinting at an obscure attempt of mine to
uncover a conspiracy is a little rediculous. So let me make this clear for you: There is criticism of me and others across this forum which is meant
constructive and aims at an improvement of the game. As in every society there are people that have more than others. The question is, how much
inequality are the devs willing to accept and how much equality are they willing to add. I say accept here, not promote. Further it is a fact, that some
people have more influence than others. The question is if there shall be borders of this influence and where those shall be drawn. Do the devs want
to draw them alone or will they ask the players about it as well? As long as questioning the situation or even having a question itself puts the one as-
king or questioning in a bad light, the progress of improvement will be very limited in my opinion.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(27-11-2017, 12:13 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote: So let me make this clear for you: There is criticism of me and others across this forum which is meant
constructive and aims at an improvement of the game. As in every society there are people that have more than others. The question is, how much
inequality are the devs willing to accept and how much equality are they willing to add. I say accept here, not promote. Further it is a fact, that some
people have more influence than others. The question is if there shall be borders of this influence and where those shall be drawn. Do the devs want
to draw them alone or will they ask the players about it as well? As long as questioning the situation or even having a question itself puts the one as-
king or questioning in a bad light, the progress of improvement will be very limited in my opinion.

Constructive criticism is only valid if it is specific and evidenced. Vaguely hinting that the devs favor some over others but never saying who or how does not provide any meaningful feedback for change. Questioning a situation is fine as long as that situation is first shown to exist. Implying a situation exists without any specifics is not and falls into the realm of conspiracy theories. If someone gives me a picture they drew and asks for criticism, it isn't constructive for me to say, "Idk, I feel like you didn't try hard enough." It would be constructive to point out precise areas in need of improvement, show how they are deficient, and provide examples of how to improve them.

Yes, some people can have more influence than others in different circumstances. However, I would argue that those in charge currently are generally capable of judging ideas based on their own merits rather than who they come from. You would be amazed at how often people in "high positions" have been outraged that their opinions or suggestions were not accepted or their ideas disagreed with, and even more surprised at how many people have quit because of it.

Rich players are not given priority in this game. Their opinions do not mean more when it comes to the development of this mod. If you want evidence of this, view my arguments and refutations on these threads:
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=43723
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=58723
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=62024
and any thread I have seriously responded to in Feature Requests.

You will see time and again "rich" players being told their ideas are not good and many times being thoroughly refuted. The few people actually in charge of this game's direction don't care for its social cliques and they don't care about different houses or their wealths. I have had friends come to me literally balling and screaming they are quitting the game because their items have been nerfed in a patch and I had to stand resolute and say this is the direction we want the mod to go. The other developers have also constantly had their friends and wealthy players question and challenge their decisions. The idea that there is an in-group holding the developers under their control is not only ludicrous, but insulting given the reality of things.

It is easy for people such as yourself to cast doubt on the motives of others, but I'd appreciate some faith in the ability of others to make good, non-corrupt decisions, especially if you have no evidence to the contrary. The amount of effort put into this game and the stress it causes is astounding and I wish I could be more frank about the actual extent to which people are sacrificing themselves so you can have your next installment of Nord-slaying be a little more enjoyable.

As to the part about developers "adding equality" and "accepting inequality" - this is an entirely different discussion and falls deeply into the realm of people's personal values. I personally prefer as little government (developer) interference into the market as possible outside of making sure people have the same level of access given to the tools the government (developers) provide. I don't believe in advantaging some because they are currently disadvantaged (view equity vs equality). I want everyone to have the same tools and opportunities given by the game. However, my opinion in this field means nothing because I have no control over the direction of the mod. In addition, this realm of discussion is irrelevant to the point I elaborated on in the prior paragraphs.

Again, I like that you are making suggestions for the game. Your allusions to an in-group controlling the developers and dictating the direction of the mod for personal gain, however, I do not.
Please keep this thread relevant to the OP as it is really a serious matter.
DB_Merarches- Legionnaire
DB_Kratos - Master Peltast
DB_ - Warden

Loots:

17.11.2017 - Dark Gothic Greaves
I would like to point out most "rich" have put a fuck tone of hours into the game. 

This dose not mean the Dev's should seem them differently no but with the 1000s of hours in this game we "rich" players would have a better idea of well all ni things vs the avg person. Maybe giving the illusion that the "rich" are right more often?

No we are not preftit at making suggestions as we all have a bias somewhere... How ever some of the "rich" like my self face problems others will never see unless they look at numbers on xl or some shit like that.

e.g. Someone laughed at me when I said I had nothing to do with my mats but the truth is I was right. That day I over payed for something just so I could feel like a "normal" ni player and have a reason to sell mats. 

The market is fucked once you get to the top legendaries. You need to be ether A. Rich to see that or B. A Dev or C. Idk look at the markt?

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(27-11-2017, 12:13 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote: I appreciate the enthusiasm in your many reactions on my posts across the forum, but I think repeatedly hinting at an obscure attempt of mine to
uncover a conspiracy is a little rediculous. So let me make this clear for you: There is criticism of me and others across this forum which is meant

I appreciate that you manually add newlines, but this forum (and every one I've ever encountered) has automatic word wrapping. Your post should appear like this:

(27-11-2017, 12:13 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote: I appreciate the enthusiasm in your many reactions on my posts across the forum, but I think repeatedly hinting at an obscure attempt of mine to uncover a conspiracy is a little rediculous. So let me make this clear for you: There is criticism of me and others across this forum which is meant constructive and aims at an improvement of the game. As in every society there are people that have more than others. The question is, how much inequality are the devs willing to accept and how much equality are they willing to add. I say accept here, not promote. Further it is a fact, that some people have more influence than others. The question is if there shall be borders of this influence and where those shall be drawn. Do the devs want to draw them alone or will they ask the players about it as well? As long as questioning the situation or even having a question itself puts the one asking or questioning in a bad light, the progress of improvement will be very limited in my opinion.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Wouldn't making this quests account bound solve a lot of issues? This could prevent people from being hell bent on getting the kill as they need a specific boss to finish the quest on multiple chars. This would give people the freedom to try to get the quest done on any char they would like to do the quest on, it would also slightly reduce the inflation of gold (for example a small team could do this quest on times the servers are almost empty and "game" the quests so they can make millions.) This influx of gold might look harmless but in the long run this makes buying items for the less fortunate players even harder.

Regarding the NI market, the number of players that play fluctuates wildly, in some weeks multiple servers are filled, in others they are all empty. The item market is even more difficult. In bigger games there is almost always somebody willing to sell certain items. In NI it is possible that not a single player is selling the item that you want or they are trying to get more for it by not declaring that they are selling it. Unless you introduce something like a token based loot system it will be very hard to balance this. The main issue with this is that if you make the token items worse than the craftables they will be useless to a lot of players. If you make them better that will hurt the already horrible crafted items market (except some support items I'd say). Putting them in line with legendaries would be even worse. (sorry for the OT but if you look at this OP it mentions the two quests but if you broaden it the item market is closely related to this).

What could actually help the NI market might be the option to upgrade legendary items. Say you upgrade an item for 50hm and have to pay 1hm per hour to keep the item in the upgraded state(preferable use something else than hm). After it runs out the item returns to the usual state. This would give people something to spend their crafting materials on after they have gotten the legendaries they want and will give newer players a chance to make money by selling those items. It might even be an idea to add an item that isn't used for crafting to give players the choice to sell the material or to upgrade an item they are using. An other possibility would be an option to combine crafting materials to create an upgrade item that can be sold or used by the player. My main point is that the NI market could use something that actually requires the crafting materials that many players have stockpiled. The devs can easily find out which crafting material is sitting on accounts unused most. (I know something like this might have been suggested before but it would be great to actually have this.)
SteamProfile
(27-11-2017, 04:29 PM)Malong Wrote: I appreciate that you manually add newlines, but this forum (and every one I've ever encountered) has automatic word wrapping. Your post should appear like this:

(27-11-2017, 12:13 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote: I appreciate the enthusiasm in your many reactions on my posts across the forum, but I think repeatedly hinting at an obscure attempt of mine to uncover a conspiracy is a little rediculous. So let me make this clear for you: There is criticism of me and others across this forum which is meant constructive and aims at an improvement of the game. As in every society there are people that have more than others. The question is, how much inequality are the devs willing to accept and how much equality are they willing to add. I say accept here, not promote. Further it is a fact, that some people have more influence than others. The question is if there shall be borders of this influence and where those shall be drawn. Do the devs want to draw them alone or will they ask the players about it as well? As long as questioning the situation or even having a question itself puts the one asking or questioning in a bad light, the progress of improvement will be very limited in my opinion.

Wow, thank you for that, Malong! I didn't realize that first sentence belonged to Green_Dragon before as the formatting made me think it was just a broken quote of my sentence. Now I see that Green_Dragon was actually just mocking me Sad This hurts my feelings as I was being sincere. Oh well :/

I do apologize, Green_Dragon, if when you said "There is in my opinion not a single reason not to do this, other than the interest of those who have, not
to let those gain access to the top, that don't have" you were not at all implying that such a motivation exists in those responsible for deciding... Although then I am left wondering why you included it at all.