Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Change Legendary chance to pseudorandom
As Kaas stated above the Head Dev of this Mod is putting his IRL time into this mod and due some circumstances he doesnt have as much time at the moment

Kaas didnt say its not possible to change he just said it most likely wont change in the near future since the Head Dev doesnt have alot of time to review the new Requests and Kaas showing "a ton of requests which all require review" doesnt help in that situation.
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(29-01-2019, 01:06 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: As Kaas stated above the Head Dev of this Mod is putting his IRL time into this mod and due some circumstances he doesnt have as much time at the moment

Kaas didnt say its not possible to change he just said it most likely wont change in the near future since the Head Dev doesnt have alot of time to review the new Requests  and Kaas showing "a ton of requests which all require review" doesnt help in that situation.

Maybe I commented a bit harsh in that regard. This ton of requests should maybe shared between
more people then. I wonder if there weren't people here with some coding experience to help out
until the weight of that ton is decreased? I know from my own experience that it's not easy to find
reliable people to help out for some time, on the other hand it might not be impossible if they asked.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(29-01-2019, 01:06 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: As Kaas stated above the Head Dev of this Mod is putting his IRL time into this mod and due some circumstances he doesnt have as much time at the moment

Kaas didnt say its not possible to change he just said it most likely wont change in the near future since the Head Dev doesnt have alot of time to review the new Requests  and Kaas showing "a ton of requests which all require review" doesnt help in that situation.

This. I would like to add that there is a huge queue in the webdevelopment flow. As we have a working loot system at the moment, a feature like this won't get any priority. Missing features on the website are always prioritized.

And to go back to the revision of the idea; a player would still be able to boost his lootchance by doing wave 3 over and over. Just because "it is highly unlikely that a player will do such thing" doesnt mean it wont be exploited. That's basically security by obscurity and is very bad in my eyes as a [security researcher].
(29-01-2019, 01:20 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

This. I would like to add that there is a huge queue in the webdevelopment flow. As we have a working loot system at the moment, a feature like this won't get any priority. Missing features on the website are always prioritized.

And to go back to the revision of the idea; a player would still be able to boost his lootchance by doing wave 3 over and over. Just because "it is highly unlikely that a player will do such thing" doesnt mean it wont be exploited. That's basically security by obscurity and is very bad in my eyes as a [security researcher].

Thinking that would be obvious but

Wave 1 and wave 15 would not be valued the same. 

The only thing I see is for the people that w13 join. Should it be an ative round bonus that scales with you or just wave 4 is always better than 1.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Nord Kill Points

Obligatory excerpt of a former dev's response:

"Basically you are describing a system that would favor active players for loots ( Any kinds of loot ? Legendaries ? Crooked Sticks ?), because the most active players would have the most NKP.
That means people, who dont have the time to play that much, wont get much loots because they are not active enough. 
And active players (who are already getting more loot because they are playing more then the others ) would get almost everything.
Where is that fair ?"
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(29-01-2019, 01:13 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote:

Maybe I commented a bit harsh in that regard. This ton of requests should maybe shared between
more people then. I wonder if there weren't people here with some coding experience to help out
until the weight of that ton is decreased? I know from my own experience that it's not easy to find
reliable people to help out for some time, on the other hand it might not be impossible if they asked.

I would be delighted to get another coder on board, as I have less time to spend on the development of this mod as well. But.. It's not worth it to get someone to go through just pull requests, especially because we are closed source. Also; we can't just get a random person on board, we would rather have someone who has shown dedication in the community. Even then there are no guarantees, there are a few examples that occurred in the past.

As to come back once again to the idea in it's current revised shape; I think we are getting to a point where performance is starting to become an issue.
(29-01-2019, 04:17 PM)Malong Wrote: Nord Kill Points

"Basically you are describing a system that would favor active players for loots ( Any kinds of loot ? Legendaries ? Crooked Sticks ?), because the most active players would have the most NKP.
That means people, who dont have the time to play that much, wont get much loots because they are not active enough. 
And active players (who are already getting more loot because they are playing more then the others ) would get almost everything.
Where is that fair ?"

As far as I know, I don't think this quote represents any of the current developer's opinions on drops.

Personally, my ideal loot system would be similar to NKP, except it wouldn't rely on kills, but instead being present for spawn waves / to fully complete the run.
A way to present this would be to give 5 (x) for completing a full run (all 5 spawns), and each spawn is 1 (x). So, if somebody joins on wave 6 and completes the run, they get 3 (x). It's not a full run, so they don't get rewarded for joining way late, but they still get something out of it, and it's effectively fair. I don't know how many (x) you would need to get a legendary, but it'd have to be a fuck lot, as to not flood the market with legendaries and make them and other items worthless.
This way, nobody is left out from earning legendaries. The current system is okay, it's just that it's not accompanied by anything earned.  You can't really work towards obtaining a legendary, because you obtaining a legendary is entirely reliant on RNG. The current system with an additional system to obtain legendaries through earning them instead of through pure luck would contribute massively towards just having something to do, or at least a personal goal.
My one problem with this would be that since people can earn legendaries, they would completely avoid upgrading to house craftable stuff when they can get something of very similar stats but usable by more classes (much like current personal crafted items). The cost for earning a legendary would have to be very high in other ways, such as gold, materials, assist XP, faction points, kings favour, or one of the house craftable weapons applicable to the legendary.

This is all just an idea, and is all my personal opinion. This idea does not represent the beliefs of the people on the development team, only my own.

Edit: To simplify, you'd be able to earn legendaries, but you would have to jump through a shit ton of hoops to earn one. What those hoops would be I don't know. Some more potential ones are: having all four classes at level 52, or having it be attached to houses in some way.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(29-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Terath Wrote: Personally, my ideal loot system would be similar to NKP, except it wouldn't rely on kills, but instead being present for spawn waves / to fully complete the run. 
A way to present this would be to give 5 (x) for completing a full run (all 5 spawns), and each spawn is 1 (x). So, if somebody joins on wave 6 and completes the run, they get 3 (x). It's not a full run, so they don't get rewarded for joining way late, but they still get something out of it, and it's effectively fair.

I think we are presenting the same idea:

(05-12-2013, 09:13 AM)Malong Wrote: Basically you would get points for bosses that you have spawned. For example (using ragnarok), you could get 10 * number of the boss, and 150 nkp for participating all 20 waves in a successful ragnarok server.

Though I added the idea of weighting bosses differently with a toy example as "number of the boss." Taking out the coefficient for the game mode, Heimdallr would be 1 point, Hodur and Tyr 2 points, ..., Odin 5 points. Using your example (and again removing any coefficient for game mode), someone carrying out a full Ragnarok game would get 15 points, and someone spawning in at wave 7 would get 12 points.

(29-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Terath Wrote: I don't know how many (x) you would need to get a legendary, but it'd have to be a fuck lot, as to not flood the market with legendaries and make them worthless.

I put forth an abstract form of projecting rarity and weighting a required number of boss deaths here:

(05-12-2013, 09:13 AM)Malong Wrote: You could also allow hoarding these for the very ra[r]e boss drops in tiers that require 100, 200, 300 successful runs, which will take anywhere from over a month to multiple months for even the most hardcore players.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(29-01-2019, 04:17 PM)Malong Wrote: Nord Kill Points

Where is that fair ?"

Even with the current system, more active players who play longer and more often are statistically speaking more likely to loot. Problem is only that RNG is a fickle b**ch, which results in some people to never loot in hundreds of hours of playtime, whereas others loot twice within a day or two (or seven times within two months *cough*). And that's when people get salty.

(29-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Terath Wrote: This way, nobody is left out from earning legendaries. The current system is okay, it's just that it's not accompanied by anything earned.  You can't really work towards obtaining a legendary, because you obtaining a legendary is entirely reliant on RNG. The current system with an additional system to obtain legendaries through earning them instead of through pure luck would contribute massively towards just having something to do.

Personally I wouldn't like earning Legendaries without any RNG whatsoever. The House Craftables fill imho the role of "almost as good as Legendaries, but can be acquired by grinding" quite nicely. But I really think a "pity timer type system" like Coconut suggested could boost the morale of people who had bad luck so far.
---
"I'll sell it for less, and that's cutting me own throat." | My Steam Profile

[Image: j8ybJIA.png]
(29-01-2019, 06:13 PM)Malong Wrote:
(29-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Terath Wrote: Personally, my ideal loot system would be similar to NKP, except it wouldn't rely on kills, but instead being present for spawn waves / to fully complete the run. 
A way to present this would be to give 5 (x) for completing a full run (all 5 spawns), and each spawn is 1 (x). So, if somebody joins on wave 6 and completes the run, they get 3 (x). It's not a full run, so they don't get rewarded for joining way late, but they still get something out of it, and it's effectively fair.

I think we are presenting the same idea:

(05-12-2013, 09:13 AM)Malong Wrote: Basically you would get points for bosses that you have spawned. For example (using ragnarok), you could get 10 * number of the boss, and 150 nkp for participating all 20 waves in a successful ragnarok server.

Though I added the idea of weighting bosses differently with a toy example as "number of the boss." Taking out the coefficient for the game mode, Heimdallr would be 1 point, Hodur and Tyr 2 points, ..., Odin 5 points. Using your example (and again removing any coefficient for game mode), someone carrying out a full Ragnarok game would get 15 points, and someone spawning in at wave 7 would get 12 points.

(29-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Terath Wrote: I don't know how many (x) you would need to get a legendary, but it'd have to be a fuck lot, as to not flood the market with legendaries and make them worthless.

I put forth an abstract form of projecting rarity and weighting a required number of boss deaths here:

(05-12-2013, 09:13 AM)Malong Wrote: You could also allow hoarding these for the very ra[r]e boss drops in tiers that require 100, 200, 300 successful runs, which will take anywhere from over a month to multiple months for even the most hardcore players.

Jesus, they really are similar, it looks like I experienced cryptomnesia. My bad.

I'm unsure about the inclusion of bosses as a factor. For me, I wanted it to just be based off of playtime. It would absolutely make sense that killing Odin is worth more than killing Heimdallr, though. So I wonder if just running both systems next to eachother would work just as fine as long as the run pool needed to get a legendary is larger as a result; it would be reliant on both spawn waves and the amount / magnitude of boss(es) killed, abstract numbers notwithstanding.

I feel that around 100 runs is a good number, but additionally because I think that separating the (NKP?) pools into three separate pools for each mode would be a good addition. Normal mode would net you orange legendaries, hard would net you both orange and base-class red legendaries and Ragnarok would net you both class-specific and base-class legendaries. Separating the pools means that the innate difficulty of the different gamemode panders to what you're farming for; it makes sense that it would be easier to farm for a Dragon Axe on Normal, because Normal is the easiest (besides beginner) mode, and it makes sense that it would be really hard to farm for an Ailadrodd on Ragnarok in comparison. Hopefully, this would get a lot of people playing modes like Normal or Hard more, which would be nice.

For me, the ideal timeframe of earning a legendary is around 3-4 months. I'm not even going to attempt to do calculations for how many runs that would be, because I suck at math, but I think that 3-4 months of consistent play should net you at least one legendary a year, based on your effort.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off