Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Half-Life MOD] Mastersword Continued
Hello, I made this topic to share a Half-Life rpg modification that I used to play before I came across NordInvasion, since it seems to be having some trouble with inactivity.

I was one of the main server admins, but I'm mostly inactive now, except in case servers need to be manually restarted.

Anyway, here's what one of my friends has to say about the mod:

Quote:Howdy, so i decided to create this topic to advertise this free mod for half life, if you happen to own the game, can you consider taking some of your free time off and give it a shot?

A short description: Game consists in adventuring, leveling up, grouping with people, dungeon raids, explore, find loot, fight epic battles/bosses. Basically a multiplayer RPG, it's still available for singleplayer but it uses a central server to save characters when playing online(prevents hackers/cheaters to take over the world). Also it supports both 1st person and 3rd person views when fighting.

There are 3 ways to play it: single player, lan with friends, Fuzznet (central server used for online playing). Game right now focuses mostly on grouping, so single player is really difficult because you will need assistance sooner or later from other players.

This mod has been in a very long ride, but unfortunently it's been lacking activity on the playerbase, and this mod isn't advertised that much other than moddb, it's currently facing extinction like many other mods... So i'm putting my hopes that this topic will bring in some fresh blood to the mod, it's a RPG style of game, there are hundreds of items to use, multiple fighting skills, lots of maps that branch a wide level range for your characters.

There are still a few Developers working on patches for the mod, each patch brings new maps, new enemies, new items and sometimes new gameplay improvements or new gameplay methods. But the lack of activity makes peoples moral drop aswell, which is a bad thing. This is one of the reasons why i'm doing this, it's my favourite half life mod and it's facing dark times, so it's time to help it out a bit!

Main page, it's outdated!

Downloads page
Forums

Server List based on server IP, incase people see no servers on the server filter.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3, some fps gameplay ignore the CHUR sound, it's not official!

My forums profile page, incase you got a question you can PM me there and i'll try to help. Or post in the forums, either way works.

How to install this mod:

1) Download Master Sword Continued 1.2 file;

2) Download MSC Betapack - APR2012b;

3) Install 1) under Programs\Steam\steamapps\username\half-life;

4) Install 2) under Programs\Steam\steamapps\username\half-life;

5) Restart steam;

6) Go to library, check for a game called "Master Sword Continued 1.2";

7) Start it, do a first time setup, if any issues are encountered, check the forums for help.

Tip: When you get to play, there is a bind for B key which turns bloom on/off, some people have perfomance issues when it's on, so turning it off might help with that.

PS: Would be nice if you guys could bring in some people from your friends list aswell, the more people playing the better i guess. Plus game is so much better when played with people you know.
tl;dr version

Download, install, play, post feedback (if any) and advertise (if you feel like helping).
THANKS FOR READING AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DID/DO!
The moddeling and mapping had to be a pain in the ass, i created some maps for 1.5 and 1.6 (cs) looks good and iwill give it a try next weekend.
Wusel @ Omnia