Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Morningstar and armours
I reached Sergeant class last night, and I must say it is bloody insane! The new armour and the Morningstar make it an "imba" class. I can just start spamming overhead with the Morningstar all along a whole line of bots and they all die.

First of all, I think the Morningstar should have the crushthrough effect removed - there is a reason it was removed in cRPG. Also, mauls become useless once you start using this weapon.

Then, in my opinion, the armours should have more similar stats, so you could pick the one you like (aesthetically), and not be forced to just buy the Cuir Bouilli because it has 5 or more armour than the rest. I don't suggest that they have the "same" statistics, but a little similar. I think that would give the other armours more use.

Edit: I forgot to mention another umbalance issue: a lvl 1 peasant can use the Hafted Blade, and it is one of the best polearms out there. I always carry a pair to share, but I think it's overpowered too.

Sincerely yours,
Mikelon.
Here's where you went wrong: don't ever compare this mod to cRPG. You won't win any argument that way.
He's right though, morningstar is way too effective atm. Maybe lower the weight, so that it doesn't crushthrough as often.
Much as I like cRPG, yeah don't compare this to it. They're different.

Also I don't think Jez really cares if the morningstar is so OP. I remember him on King_Of_Swadia saying he doesn't really want to make things balanced. He just wants people to have fun with the mod. Maybe he'll feel differently about this. I'm not able to read his mind. Plus the crushthrough was removed from morningstar in cRPG because it was too OP against players, not bots.

Besides I like the morningstar.  8)
I love the morningstar as it currently is, as I would be unable to kill any of the higher level enemies without it. Those huscarls still take 6 crushthroughs to kill. =]
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
You still get the 2h Iron Mace though Tongue

Quote:Then, in my opinion, the armours should have more similar stats, so you could pick the one you like (aesthetically), and not be forced to just buy the Cuir Bouilli because it has 5 or more armour than the rest. I don't suggest that they have the "same" statistics, but a little similar. I think that would give the other armours more use.

I agree, although you can still use the lesser armors even though they're not that good, I don't really care about the +10 armor..but still it'd be nice to have their stats more evened out.
(23-12-2011, 04:45 PM)Mikelon link Wrote: Edit: I forgot to mention another umbalance issue: a lvl 1 peasant can use the Hafted Blade, and it is one of the best polearms out there. I always carry a pair to share, but I think it's overpowered too.
Peasants have Polearms skill at 20 though, so it's not as effective. Getting into 1-on-1 melee even with peasants is dangerous with a hafted blade.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).