Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Hilltop Defense
This is a quick, not so fancy map. I built it in about an hour, based around the idea of defending a single point without having the enemy having to cross through a choke point. I know this makes things more difficult, but I figure some people may like the challenge.

Like I said, quick map. Definitely understandable if people don't like it.

If there is interest in this, I'll send the info to the dev.
I actually think this looks really good. and if you did it in only and hour, you could spruce it up a bit and i definitely u could have a hit on your hands my friend.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
I like the map, gives enough ample space for a barricade defense.

The multiple attack points would mean that players can consolidate their defenses in one spot without having to seperate from one another(hidden cave) or just assult head on the enemy in one lane(mountain pass).

Definitely sparce, but if you scatter buildings around the forest and boat, it is definitely a natural cover for the invading Nords, that doesnt allow archer players to dominate the map.

Give bigger entrances in the fences so the infantry will have a handful in defending the spots.
A few carts or barrels placed around the empty dirt circle area would give a little variety to the calvary players.

Overall, I like the idea of Swadians holding their ground on all sides, which ramboing will easily get players killed, and a reason for players to hold their spot in the main base.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Hmm try to do something for that poor looking road.

Here is small list what you can try to do for it:
- Use multiple ground textures.
- Lower or raise it a bit.
- Use brown color but not too much.

Also, that many trees can cause lag to some players who are using old PC's, remove some of them and add other objects inside to forest.

Working on it some more. I keep seeing people talking about AI pathing. Do I have to set up how they're going to run up to the center, or are people just referring to blocking off areas you don't want the AI in?
First one.
(28-12-2011, 10:20 PM)ComradeTemuzu link Wrote: First one.

That's something I have no experience with. Got a tutorial on it by chance?
Theres one on TW: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?t...126.0.html

Also, instead of many small fires, use on big fire. village_fire, if I remember correctly.
AI mesh is stupidly annoying. I can't stand doing it for more than 30 minutes at a time, hence the long wait on the map.