Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Armor smithing
I like the idea of armor smithing and other crafting. It's awesome. But there is something that irks me.
You can at tier 2 armor smithing make recruits armor, but most people have already got armor by then, the leather armor for example. At tier 3 you get leather gloves, which I found useful cause I hadn't bought any hand armor up til then. Tier 4 you get to make leather, probably for something in higher tiers, or something not added yet. I wonder what tier 5 will bring, but I've already got Mail armor, and had mail before I got tier 4 of crafting, so any leather items I'd be able to make then would've been outdated to me. Maybe it's just me having so much money or getting too much xp?

But the point is, the armor he's able to craft should be such as to be something that the maker could actually wear, maybe even better than the stuff that you buy in the marketplace. Maybe move the recruits stuff to tier 1 of armor smithing? I don't know.
And if you could maybe get the stats of the items you can craft in the crafting screen, like in the marketplace?

Also, unique looking items for armors and weapons you create. There are plenty of OSP out there that could be included.
I believe crafting was mainly created for profit wise aswell as future ''Speciel'' armors that can only be created by armorsmiths and so on... I am not sure.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
Hm, I guess it makes sense, but it would be nice if it did have some further use, and not just alchemy.
Blacksmiths will soon make OP weapons

Armorsmiths will create OP armor

And alchemists will make ponies and potions Big Grin
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
potions ?? what those potions can do??
(20-11-2011, 05:34 AM)daniisme link Wrote: potions ?? what those potions can do??

Just like in Mercenaries, they can heal, strength boost, agility boost, heal horse, double damage of weapon etc. It depends on what Jez wants them to do.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
i'd like it if some onies give you an advantage and a downside

Like haing + 100 skill for some time but having -30 accuracy at the same time or something.
(19-11-2011, 11:36 PM)Melvarius link Wrote: alchemists will make ponies
Now I understand the words "how dark you will go"... :-)
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
I too am very troubled by this whole armorsmithing situation.
Before I start, please don't go around flaming me or anything. I am just trying to voice my concerns and well, complaints. I really am wondering about the usefulness of armorsmithing and its worth.

Issue 1: Experience and leveling
I) Materials cost WAY too much for the experience provided. I know this is because of the auction house and not because of the way it is setup but I feel that something should be done about it. 1.5k for Mixed Glue? Highlander Armor requires 5 of them and only gives 50exp.
II) Experience gained from crafting is pretty crappy considering the materials required to craft them.
III) I checked into alchemy and they have recipes that provide over 100 exp by the time they are level 3 or 4. We on the other hand need to work all the way up to what? Level 8? 9?

Issue 2: Cost
I) We have to craft like a million things that do not sell at all on the auction house because everybody can buy WAY better gear from the marketplace and some items do not even vendor well at all.

Issue 3: Worthwhile
I) How is this even worthwhile? We can't make anything better than what you can buy from the marketplace (aside from perhaps Transitional Armor, good luck getting that). Actually, you can buy WAY better items from the marketplace (except maybe gloves, but who is really going to pay 4000k for 4ba?) and at a rather cheap price as well.

In my honest opinion, armorsmithing is in a desperate need for a makeover or balancing. Hopefully at least a detailed review of the situation.
Famous last words: "I'll wait here while you check that bush..."
I completely agree with my beloved clanmate, awesome job in creating such a system.

Saying that there are many OSP packs able to be used, don't you have someone to craft some Native-style gear and stuff?