Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Harder bosses
Well I was playing on a server earlier that was bugged and the Commander and prince were both pretty hard to kill. As in they took about 3 times longer to kill than they should of. I think Bosses need to be more like this, more Hp so that its more of a challenge and more excitement when you kill them. At the archer event we killed prince in about 15 -20 sec when he was bugged but we had at least 12 snipers. In a normal game I was in it took me, sepsis and 1 other guy about 3 min to kill prince. the wave went through 2 weak barricades and then part of the shield wall before we were able to kill him. (granted he was hiding a bit) It was a much better experience as we really had to make every shot land as best we could or we were going to lose and fail to kill him. basically, starting with the warlord I think the last three normal bosses and possibly the hard mode bosses should have more Hp for a better overall experience at the end of the game.
Just do a bunch of level-scaling based on the number of tier 4s in a server - more pikemen = faster bots, more archers = sturdier bots, more commandos = more damaging bots
I dont think the Wales should be alot harder, but only the boss itself. Like Thor and Odin is like "wait before shooting!" It should be "shoot on sight!" And at FUS for example he sies before coming to the shieldwall. Sorry for misspelling but iPhone is stupid
(15-01-2013, 08:02 AM)Gismo link Wrote: I dont think the Wales should be alot harder, but only the boss itself. Like Thor and Odin is like "wait before shooting!" It should be "shoot on sight!" And at FUS for example he sies before coming to the shieldwall. Sorry for misspelling but iPhone is stupid
Not sure if you meant whalers or waves. And then I saw you wrote it on an iPhone.

I think all hard mode bosses including their waves should be something to fear, not just Thor and Odin. It is Hardmode after all.
  • (Someone posted this already)More health to all bosses! Including their waves!
  • Bonus to shields on all bosses!
  • All bosses with shields; give them harder, better, faster and stronger shields!
  • Tyr randomly spawning with a one handed hammer with crush through!
  • Loke and tricksters randomly spawning with sniper weaponry! (Moar rangers? Why not a ranged boss wave?)
[Image: sigasdasd.png]
AW CHEESE! And fuck Worm Banes
(15-01-2013, 10:54 AM)Carolus Rex link Wrote: [quote author=Gismo link=topic=8939.msg73438#msg73438 date=1358236933]
I dont think the Wales should be alot harder, but only the boss itself. Like Thor and Odin is like "wait before shooting!" It should be "shoot on sight!" And at FUS for example he sies before coming to the shieldwall. Sorry for misspelling but iPhone is stupid
Not sure if you meant whalers or waves. And then I saw you wrote it on an iPhone.

I think all hard mode bosses including their waves should be something to fear, not just Thor and Odin. It is Hardmode after all.
  • (Someone posted this already)More health to all bosses! Including their waves!
  • Bonus to shields on all bosses!
  • All bosses with shields; give them harder, better, faster and stronger shields!
  • Tyr randomly spawning with a one handed hammer with crush through!
  • Loke and tricksters randomly spawning with sniper weaponry! (Moar rangers? Why not a ranged boss wave?)
[/quote]

Excellent suggestions, especially that green one. Can I suggest the sungod Ullr as a boss for the ranged wave? Smile

CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
(14-01-2013, 11:54 PM)ughgh link Wrote: Just do a bunch of level-scaling based on the number of tier 4s in a server - more pikemen = faster bots, more archers = sturdier bots, more commandos = more damaging bots

This would make things more interesting and fresh.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Get the Last Days mod to loan you their troll things.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(14-01-2013, 11:54 PM)ughgh link Wrote: Just do a bunch of level-scaling based on the number of tier 4s in a server - more pikemen = faster bots, more archers = sturdier bots, more commandos = more damaging bots

It would indeed be better to make the waves harder or easier according to the players present in the server (if it's possible code-wise). If you just make the waves a lot harder, new players (yes, here I come again with the new players argument ;D) would'nt have such a great time.
Striker strikes again.

(15-01-2013, 02:28 PM)Lord Striker link Wrote: [quote author=ughgh link=topic=8939.msg73415#msg73415 date=1358207640]
Just do a bunch of level-scaling based on the number of tier 4s in a server - more pikemen = faster bots, more archers = sturdier bots, more commandos = more damaging bots

It would indeed be better to make the waves harder or easier according to the players present in the server (if it's possible code-wise). If you just make the waves a lot harder, new players (yes, here I come again with the new players argument ;D) would'nt have such a great time.
[/quote]

I can't agree more, new players should never be discouraged, they are the mod's life blood.

Or y'know snacks for the older players ;P.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
I like this idea Prince only takes about 5 hits from my Penetrator and he never gets to the Shieldwall.