Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: How do you like my idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It\'s awesome
86.67%
13 86.67%
Meh
0%
0 0%
You\'re stupid
0%
0 0%
I hate you.
0%
0 0%
You son of a Nord!
13.33%
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Improving Equipment
At the moment, crafting is merely a diversion. Only at early levels is it worth it, because it advances far slower than combat levels. So instead, I propose that crafters get the ability to improve items. With the required materials assembled, you can upgrade that piece of equipment. This would work in a similar way to cRPG, where each step is it's own item. This would allow for multiple improvements to items. This would also have the side effect of making the Auction Hall even more worthwhile, since you could improve items and sell them at the hall.

For those who don't know how cRPG looms work, this is how things progress (kinda). The bonuses stack, with each level of gear gaining a prefix, such as a "Lordly Kettle Helm."

Armor: +1 Armor, +2 armor, +2 armor
Weapons: +1 Damage, +1 Speed, +2 damage

Perhaps to make things easier, rather than trading these upgraded items, appropriate crafting classes could make upgrade kits that upgrade an item to the next level. These would follow the same naming conventions. Alchemist could be required to upgrade to the final level, since armorers and weaponsmith would get weapons and armor.

Example: Say that the three levels of upgrades were strong, reinforced, and epic. The Strong Armor Upgrade Kit would upgrade armor from normal to strong. A Reinforced Armor Upgrade Kit would upgrade armor from Strong to Reinforced. An Epic Armor Upgrade Kit would upgrade armor from reinforced to Epic. This applies to all the other things too.

It also would be awesome if Epic equipment looked like an upgraded form of the original, but that might cause the download size to be too epic. However, it might be worth it.

As a side note, I would say that making upgrade kits would have to be fairly difficult, and would require rare materiels. As a side effect, this will also give the higher levels a tangeble goal to reach.
God yes.

I dont know about you but I get kind of bored when waiting to get enough xp to rank up in order to get better equipment and it would make the crafting professions much more useful.
This had already been brought up multiple times fyi. Although with slightly different systems.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(16-01-2012, 06:30 PM)Aventori link Wrote: This had already been brought up multiple times fyi. Although with slightly different systems.
the more people bring it up the greater the chance it will be changed
A poll for yes/no might work here. I say it's a good idea. If Jez (and any other creators) want to make it more complicated and hard to do, they could make it item specific. So for each level, let's say.... 14 Armorsmithing, you get the ability to create the upgrades for... Red Tunic and... lets say Leather Jerkin. I would prefer your idea more, but this would be an alternative to it if people don't like it or something like that. This could also increase the market prices for all of the things because the improvement of items would be rarer.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
I added a poll, voting shall now commence!
Hooooooooooooooray!
Don't say ANYTHING.
Oh yeah! I do believe that there was some mention of alchemists being able to make potions/enchanting scrolls. I'm not entirely sure on it, but that MIGHT be for improving stats.... IF SO! I would be looking for agility and athletics, so i can fulfill my dream of being an extremely fast ninja!
Don't say ANYTHING.