Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Very dissappointed
First, thank you dev's for this great mod! Second, thanks to all the players I met, you guys are awesome!

I've wanted to say something after patch 3.1 but I bit my lip. But now I feel I MUST say something for the future of the mod. But please, don't think this is a rant, I want to provide constructive criticism.... Wink

I am sad and disappointed to see the direction the mods going....and maybe a little mad. There has been a lot of poor decisions since 3.1 Like taking out map polls, choke points, team work...class individuality... (My GUARD helmet is now useless as a -sergeant? But sniper can use?) favorite maps...(jeldan castle)...and now a rollback.

I kind of feel like I wasted a month of gameplay. I know I wasn't going to play forever, but I was just about to get to the really fun parts...like getting commando (i was 4 points away, now 7!) . Getting plate armor, a horse, and nurse. Playing hard mode, and getting good loot. I did enjoy the community... But now, why bother continuing?. At any point I could lose my progress.

I think there are two good lessons to be learned here.
1) Don't take away player freedom. (strategic use of terrain like setting up choke points)
AND
2) Don't take away what people rightfully earned. (rollbacks...etc..)

But the dev's did a lot of great work...the website, maps, and designs.... But I think the implementation was poor. I know you guys have real lives, jobs and families, but so do I. I guess NordInvasion was kind of a fun stress relief... So thank you for your hard work, but you won't be seeing 'ol Pamcake around anymore :'(  Maybe in...crpg?

Also I'm sorry for those who lost items/xp/time. I did too...I hope the devs will reconsider this in the future.

Shout out to dan17, lillith, sphinx, talgion, nimueh, finkone, coldness, steelfalcon, clickeverywhere, and any others I played with you guys are great!
(31-01-2012, 08:01 AM)Pamcake link Wrote: 2) Don't take away what people rightfully earned. (rollbacks...etc..)

Shout out to dan17, lillith, sphinx, talgion, nimueh, finkone, coldness, steelfalcon, clickeverywhere, and any others I played with you guys are great!

They took away the millions of gold people made abusing a problem with the shop. You don't want everyone to be millionaire except you.. do you ? Tongue Same thing for many people who got 4-6 levels with the database glitch (I got 4 levels , went from 44 to 48 .. that's a huge difference than your levels Tongue)

Don't leave us Pam , you were so great to play with. I'll give you what you lost, I don't care. You were fun to play with, we had great fights against Nord and I want you to use all that negative energy , and throw it in the face of the Nords. I'll help you level, it'd be my pleasure Wink
Thanks Sphinx. It's unfortunate that people did that, but the fact that it was even possible reflects poorly on the game. I know it's just a mod but I put a lot of effort into it. But knowing that my progress could be lost at any time is a big deterrent.
You'll be missed.  :'(
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
I don't think this will happen again, though Tongue
Pamcake, don't leave! In my lengthy time playing this mod (from close to its inception), this is the first time a rollback has happened, and that was only due to an error of catastrophic proportions.

Take some time off, but be sure to come back.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
pam remember that time on that map on that server were you and me did our thing......what im saying is dont go  :'( stay play lets kill some nords and drink at the tavern afterwards
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
See, you cant leave Pam Wink
We honestly (despite what some players seem to believe) do not want any players to leave. There is mass stress going on about these problems which were beyond our control, and we are trying to get the mod back and running properly ASAP. We do not want to see players leaving. In regards to maps, we simply did not want to see the AI being exploited as this in our opinion, removes the large element of challenge from the mod. This mod is meant to be challenging and exploiting the AI 'cause they are stupid ain't cool Sad In regards to the maps, I would like to point out that very little constructive criticism was ever posted (for example for Jeldan Citadel) bar "BRING BACK THE ROOM". This was a not feasible as beyond removing the element of challenge from the majority of waves, it caused the AI bots to glitch on hard to reach areas of the map. We are always striving for balance but in a beta, you have to appreciate that this is very difficult to get right with the first swing of the hammer. I shall end for the night with a selection of quotes that I believe certain people should pay attention to Wink

Most people get a fair amount of fun out of their lives, but on balance life is suffering, and only the very young or the very foolish imagine otherwise.
-George Orwell

Failure is the foundation of success; success is the lurking place of failure.
-Laozi

Action may not always bring happiness ... but there is no happiness without action.
-Benjamin Disraeli

And finally of particular relevance that a certain minority of players should bear in mind;

Never be haughty to the humble; never be humble to the haughty.
-Jefferson Davis

All of the dev's are appreciative of the supportive messages and posts from players. Thanks for your support and understanding through this wee (and first ever) patch of turmoil!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Hypernoma- I understand that some people were exploiting... And I appreciate you guys trying to stop them. And I don't know if I would have done anything different. But for those that weren't the changes affected us too.

This is a great community. And if I did stay that would be why. Still, I am sad to leave.

I think this game draw a special type of person. One who's willing to sacrifice, work in cognizant others, and recognizes potential. Not many games have that.

This community (excluding Native) is one of the most delightful and beats the pants off Darkfall. Maybe someday 'ol Pamcake will return...with a clean sword, fresh hatred of nords, and batch of hot pancakes.

Thanks everybody!