Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: How would you prefer banners handled in the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
House members show up with House banners, all others show up with Swadian banner
80.00%
32 80.00%
House members show up with House banners, all others show up with whatever they choose
5.00%
2 5.00%
Let every person pick whatever he wants
12.50%
5 12.50%
Something else (please clarify your suggestions in the thread if you choose this option)
2.50%
1 2.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Override Player Personal Banner Settings
(14-01-2012, 06:29 PM)Blondin link Wrote: [quote author=Kwal link=topic=876.msg7779#msg7779 date=1326556677]
Seems logical, we're supposed to be Swadian soldiers and not a band of mercenaries. Agreed Smile

We could be mercenaries fighting for Swadian gold, depends on your background and rp, also we could be Swadian soldier and have different banners, but fighting under the same flag.
[/quote]

Quote:Start as a recruit in the swadian army and work your way up.

Quote:7,416 soldiers in the army
117 soldiers on the battlefield

Your background and rp will only go so far Wink
(16-01-2012, 09:34 PM)Kwal link Wrote: Your background and rp will only go so far Wink

You have convinced me, as you demonstrate it, it seems logical now  Big Grin
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Okay before you freak out , hear me out. Don't just come to comment without checking this OP (Original Post , not Overpowered *sigh*)

We spent a lot of time debating and making a kick ass banner for our house, and it kind of annoy me that anyone can use it even though we reserved a slot on the banner list. I see many EU using it, and now that we will put a banner based on our house, I'd be false representative for them to use it (I know , banner's are public, but ...).

What I suggest ...

If you're not in a house, you can choose any of the many default banners OR you're forced to use Swadian Banner (which I'm against a little bit, if you want to play with your friends and look alike , but then again, you just have to start your own house). By using Swadian Banner, we then could tell who is in a house, and who isn't. (To be debated...)

If you are in a house, whatever your character banner is using (in the edit char options) won't matter since you should be using your house banner (as if leaders would let some of his soldiers wearing different coat of arms or banner ? makes no sense...) This way , the time people put in making a nice banner is protected , random people can't use it , or fake to be in a house just because they wear the banner.

I don't think it would be a lot of coding if you include the textures of the custom made banners in a different banner file (so you leave all the default banners to be picked), but then again, maybe it does require some time and some code , but I think people who spent a lot of time working on a custom banner would appreciate that. It would also look cooler to be in a house and have a kick ass banner that others can't use cause they aren't in that house. Having 4-5 players from the same house sticking together will look much more RP and badass, then some other players using the same reserved banner and following them.

Discuss .. and stay respectful Tongue
+1 for forcing house members to use banners.
For un-housed people I think they should just use the banner of their choice (default ones of course).
if the banner looks legit, which ours does, i would wear it Big Grin +0 indifferent opinion

There has already been a discussion about this here. We have looked briefly at doing it, but didn't have much luck at the time and it isn't very high on the todo list at the moment, will probably take another look and see if it can be done in the future.
Put your new slave dev on this Tongue I wasnt aware of Jez thread about it, i thought my request fell in the abyss and was forgotten. Want me to delete this thread then?
Coming from _Sphinx_'s duplicate thread, I support this idea. Sometimes it's confusing for me seeing players using the same banner. It is difficult to remember all the names of our members  :-[
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I decided to merge _Sphinx_ new topic with this one to keep the discussion easier to have an eye on. Feel free to discuss further.  Wink
Yes.

That is all.