Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Levellable WPF.
Hey, i've had this idea for a while.
n Native, you would automatically gain WPF ( Weapon Proficiency Points ) when using a sertain weapon ( 1H, 2H, polearms, bows, xbows, throwing ).

How about, instead of gaining points automatically on level up, the max WPF would increase, and you would slowly have to work to that.
For example, when you begin, you have (0/20) throwing. By using darts, you slowly train up the skill for more accuracy. Once you've reached your cap, you will stop levelling until you get a higher cap by getting a new class (Or maybe quests? Or items?).

The idea of this is to have something to progress, just like levels, getting equipment, professions.

Comments? Opinions? Problems? Suggestions?
Reminds me of WoW
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
This might be more difficult to implement so there's that. I do feel that being able to increase your WPF at least slightly after you upgrade  your class would be nice. It allows you to feel that you are growing stronger between class upgrades.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(21-11-2011, 12:46 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: This might be more difficult to implement so there's that. I do feel that being able to increase your WPF at least slightly after you upgrade  your class would be nice. It allows you to feel that you are growing stronger between class upgrades.

Exactly! Because you are busy levelling your WPF, it passively decreases the grinding a bit.

You could also think of your character as a soldier more, who gets experience in battle so he gets better, unlike the immediate statboost after you upgrade.
Basically like in singleplayer, you make kills with a weapon, the profiency increases. Right know we've got to grind a crapload of EXP and levels till we can upgrade to a better class, which makes levels seems quite useless, aside from getting class points from them.
Interesting idea.
It's just something else to aim for :/. Also gives more weapon variety  if people want to max all.
(26-11-2011, 05:32 PM)Polobow link Wrote: It's just something else to aim for :/. Also gives more weapon variety  if people want to max all.

Yeah, I think I agree with that ^^
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?