Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Banana's Dumping Grounds
Two nice looking things you made there.
@shield: I really like the difference from the shiny and bright metal to the more muddy red and the not so shiny gold colour on this shield. But I would make the wooden part a big darker in my opinion so it is not so ehm how should say it, it is a bit to bright.
@axe: Looking awesome, I missed a great slashing weapon in this gamemode. Only swords and hammers are getting boring. Hope I will see this in the new patch.
Is this Gimli's Axe or am I wrong?
Keep the great work up Nana.
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
(18-08-2014, 12:35 PM)Tarrod link Wrote: @shield:But I would make the wooden part a big darker in my opinion so it is not so ehm how should say it, it is a bit to bright.

@axe: Looking awesome, I missed a great slashing weapon in this gamemode. Only swords and hammers are getting boring. Hope I will see this in the new patch.
Is this Gimli's Axe or am I wrong?
shield- yea again this is a case of p3d not displaying it how it actually looks. Uh just to clarify the pheonix upperhalf and gold sun spikes are shiny metallic gold, not wood ;D

axe- Yea i noticed theres loads of 2hswords and some hammer but apart from thr boarding axe, theres nothing there. So yea, trying to fill in the blanks.
And no, gimlis axe whilst being 2bladed is completely different from this, the rune is from the warhammer lore rather than anything to do with LOTR.
YunYun "I would do a lot of things to your face"
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Takeo  "hey hey, I'm man on trust"
Diamond "I'm not an idiot!"
Hande "it makes you to be my.. son ?"
Kip "Mmm, I love unbuilt cades on stairs"
Rammy "Pls"
Deer https://i.imgur.com/Kj0lb8N.png
Tarrod "should I show you my biceps or wat"
Love the Axe.  I have been trying to make a two handed axe for NI for a while now, I just don't have the skill to do it.  And by the way that website is not giving me 3D images.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

messing about with pheonix shield, trying to make it seem less fantasy.

http://p3d.in/xcF4i

-Changed from roman theme red and green accents to wooden front, with the centre piece changed to studded circle plate. Metal needs dirtying and less shine, and will probably put some detail onto the wooden front. paint job or something.

-Added studds to the metal casing round the sides, and gave it a quick paint-job, same detail as last version, but without the leaves and with wood grooves visible through.

-bit more detail to paint paint job. 2nd reinforcement plate circle added to centrepiece. Protects yer arm from arrows.

-removed the back support plate, was stretched and looked weird. Changed the centre piece to gold, because the silver metal just wasn't fitting in at all.

That's pretty much all i can see that needs to be changed now, i feel adding any more detail would just be overdoing it now. Suggestions?

And yea i know it looks wooden, but here.
See, it's metallic D: ! stoopid p3d.

Also messed around with axe, made the blades larger on either side, and made the handle smaller.
http://p3d.in/R9tnd
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Rammy "Pls"
The shield's looking really nice. Just a bit to shiny for my tastes. But otherwise i hope to see it in the shield wall
Thats quite a weird wireframe, you might want to retopologize a few parts, also helps when it comes to creating LODs.
And if you want to make nicely looking coloured metal you need to add some colour to the spec map, just doesnt look realistic this way.
Also, does it even use a normal map?
Whats the size of the diffuse? Looks like its using 512².
(22-08-2014, 11:53 AM)-Perception- link Wrote: Thats quite a weird wireframe, you might want to retopologize a few parts, also helps when it comes to creating LODs.
And if you want to make nicely looking coloured metal you need to add some colour to the spec map, just doesnt look realistic this way.
Also, does it even use a normal map?
Whats the size of the diffuse? Looks like its using 512².

uh nope. just nope. I'm basically a dev, i know what I'm doing.
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Rammy "Pls"
Oh, so that part leaked..  ;D
(I still think its kinda funny so dont ruin it for me.)
Shhhhh ladies shhh.
But nice update there Nana. But about the realism: You cannot compare NI graphics to the Ines on CoD or Assassins Creed for example. It is a bit less realistic.
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
Some really good designs there, Really like the Phoenix Shield, Love to see that in the game Big Grin