Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Secure trade
Could it be possible to implement a system for secure trade with one person just like for house members (with the exact name of the person).

I often make trade with ppl outside my house, and it's always risky to put an item on market with a good price, anyone can catch it if the guy i want to sell is not fast, not online or having connection problem with site (often for me).
This could simplify a lot trading, for example if you are on a server and someone propose you a good trade, you almost both have to go spec to achieve the trade in good conditions.
With such option you can help noobs or low ressources ppl, selling them items for a good price or even for free without the risk that someone "steal" the low cost item. No risk too if you want to exchange legendary items (what a shame if you lose a leg item on a fail trade because of connection problem :/...)
In the same way this could be usefull for exchanging items and gold between your alts.

Dunno if you guys see a way to exploit this system, but i think it could help a lot without impact on existing auction hall system.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
OR, make it so you can trade with goods on the Auction House. And I mean just Crafting Goods, to make it easier for the different crafting classes to help each other out.
should, IMO, not be added to the game, despite the fact i like the idea, and i thought about asking before, but it is far to easy to abuse.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(10-02-2012, 09:00 PM)Aventori link Wrote: should, IMO, not be added to the game, despite the fact i like the idea, and i thought about asking before, but it is far to easy to abuse.

What would be abused? You're thinking in the negative which is the wrong approach.
no, im thinking realistically. People could make there self a new account and sell them some item worth 200,000 for only 1 coin. Then that account would sell it for 190,000. It is pretty simple idea to understand. If you only think positive, im sorry, but your foolish. Look at everything from all perspectives you can.
(11-02-2012, 04:37 PM)Aventori link Wrote: no, im thinking realistically. People could make there self a new account and sell them some item worth 200,000 for only 1 coin. Then that account would sell it for 190,000. It is pretty simple idea to understand. If you only think positive, im sorry, but your foolish. Look at everything from all perspectives you can.

Errr.. you do know that you can do that with 2 accounts, and just invite yourself into a house, start a trade with yourself, open 2 windows, set one to private browsing and voila.. or you can just use 1 window and it'll take a few more mins, but it can be executed. You know, you're not thinking from every perspective.
[Image: wbM3H.png]
...of course someone tries to be smart and start an argument. All you told me is that you have done this yourself (as i had no idea you could do that) and that adding this to the website would make it easier to cheat.  :-\
Chill, keep civil and on topic please. There is absolutely no need for arguments or insults Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(11-02-2012, 04:37 PM)Aventori link Wrote: no, im thinking realistically. People could make there self a new account and sell them some item worth 200,000 for only 1 coin. Then that account would sell it for 190,000. It is pretty simple idea to understand. If you only think positive, im sorry, but your foolish. Look at everything from all perspectives you can.

Where this is cheating?
And in terms of cheating, what is the interest to sell an item that worth 200k for 190k with another char? Just sell it for 200k with your first char, you just have to give the money to the other one...?
Btw, you don't need two accounts you just need two characters for that, this is almost the base of this mod, every old players did it, one char is armorsmith, the other is alchemist.

Ofc i want to sell my items for a good price, that's what i was asking, i have some friend that start playing, before they enter the house i want to give them some items or money to start. No cheating here.
But i'm really open if you can found a way to exploit this system.

But anyway, i requested those secure trades for one thing first : legendary items.
There is actually no way that you can be sure to sell the stuff to the right person, even if you made an agreement on forum, anybody can jump on your sale and take the legendary item, it's worse in the case of an exchange...

Let me know guys what you think, does this simplify trading?
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
(12-02-2012, 06:15 PM)Blondin link Wrote: [quote author=Aventori link=topic=1391.msg12055#msg12055 date=1328978246]
no, im thinking realistically. People could make there self a new account and sell them some item worth 200,000 for only 1 coin. Then that account would sell it for 190,000. It is pretty simple idea to understand. If you only think positive, im sorry, but your foolish. Look at everything from all perspectives you can.

Where this is cheating?
And in terms of cheating, what is the interest to sell an item that worth 200k for 190k with another char? Just sell it for 200k with your first char, you just have to give the money to the other one...?
Btw, you don't need two accounts you just need two characters for that, this is almost the base of this mod, every old players did it, one char is armorsmith, the other is alchemist.

Ofc i want to sell my items for a good price, that's what i was asking, i have some friend that start playing, before they enter the house i want to give them some items or money to start. No cheating here.
But i'm really open if you can found a way to exploit this system.

But anyway, i requested those secure trades for one thing first : legendary items.
There is actually no way that you can be sure to sell the stuff to the right person, even if you made an agreement on forum, anybody can jump on your sale and take the legendary item, it's worse in the case of an exchange...

Let me know guys what you think, does this simplify trading?
[/quote]

This would definitely simplify trading. I think the current trading system, though great, is the wrong way to go about this feature. I understand that Houses, in their current form, don't have much a function, but trying to ameliorate this by limiting trade ONLY to those within houses is not the best way of going about this problem, and actually limits economic activity I think. If need be, have the trade function accessible to all and between all, but add the "king's tax" to these transactions (this might help with exploiting even). Moreover, keep trading within houses free, so that there's still some economic benefit to being in a House.