Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Developer Interviews
YuriTheRed: Good day and welcome to ourĀ  developer interview. MrGuarnere , please introduce yourself.

MrGuarnere: Hi, I'm MrGuarnere, or MrG as some prefer to call me. I am 25, born in Poland but living in the UK. I am a software developer working for a small company developing various web based systems.

YuriTheRed: : When did you first started playing NI, and how did you learn about NI's existance?

MrGuarnere: I started playing NI early January 2012. I've only been playing Mount and Blade itself for around 1 year when I downloaded cRPG (boooooo!) and joined a clan there. After a few months of playing it me and some of the guys from the clan moved to M&M which we played for a month or two (I believe me and Hyper were in the same regiment in M&M but don't think we had the same names as we do now so we didn't know eachotherTongue). One of the guys then told me about this cool mod he'd been playing called NordInvasion, so I thought what the heck lets give it a go and I did.

YuriTheRed: : How did you become NI dev, what is your job in NI dev team?

MrGuarnere: During the early days when NI was still growing there were not so many admins to look after the 10 or so servers that were available so people were finding different ways to abuse the game. Some of the older players will remember the days when clans would jump onto a server and then tell everyone else to leave in order to decrease the number of enemies that would spawn. This went on for a while and got to a point where no one could play the game because they were being told to leave. I got really sick of this, so I found the NI forum and then NI IRC and spoke to CoWorm about this issue. He then made me a admin of NI to kick and punish all these trouble makers (think I was 3rd or 4th admin, not sure as Sphinx was made admin at similar time). From them on I spent the next year or so helping out with NI in any way I could, taking on jobs from helping people on IRC to organising house events, making the NI trailer, trying to design and find new weapons for the game. Then, after around a year of doing this there was a big structural change in the NI management and there was a need for a new Dev so Hyper and Barristan very kindly promoted me. I started off helping on the NI code itself, trying to add various new bits to the game, but it was very quickly discovered that I sucked at this! My strength is in database and website management, so I have been doing that ever since.

YuriTheRed: :What do you like in NI community, and what do you dislike in it?

MrGuarnere: I like that the community is still here! I don't think anyone really expected this mod to have thrived as much as it has, but we have a very generous community that keep the servers running and very hard working devs and admins keeping the mod alive. Except from a small number of trouble makers the majority of the community is nice and helpful to eachother which makes the game enjoyable to play. I'll never forget the moment when I was playing NI for my first time and saw Blondin in his full plate gear running around with an Obsidian axe and then he dropped it for me to play with! I love that, he wanted me to try it and have fun with it even though he had to use some crappy sword. What I dislike....hmm I think it must be all the people that try to find quick and easy way to make money, like making 200 accounts and selling all gear just to get 20k gold, meaning that our database grows and costs us more money to keep going. I dislike all the people that scam other players, even though they will be found out and banned, just for few hunderd thousand gold...Oh and I dislike people following me in game Tongue

YuriTheRed: : Is there any juicy teasers for future changes in NI you wish to share us? Tongue

MrGuarnere: I am probably the worst person to ask this question, I don't even know what wave we are on most of the time or what the map is called, so I have no clue what is planned for the future! All I know is that myself and Naozumi (other web dev) have some cool things planned for the website, trying to make it more user friendly and visual. The NI Updater/Launcher was something I wanted to implement long time ago and started working on it but then RL took over and I dropped it, so I am really grateful for Naozumi for picking that up and making it happen. That's something I am hoping to expand and make more useful, so make sure you all keep your updaters up to date (sry, bad joke Tongue).

MrGuarnere: However, I can say that I have been thinking about NI Trailer #2. That's all I can say Wink

YuriTheRed: : Is there any special message you would want to sent to NI community?

MrGuarnere: I'd like to say thank you to the admins for working hard keeping our servers clean and tidy, thank you to the donators for covering the costs of the servers and thank you to all the players playing this mod as without them we wouldn't be making it. We've had a lot of fun making this throughout the last couple of years and hope that the mod continues to grow.
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do

Messages In This Thread
Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Peter_File - 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Hypernomas` Interview - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
MrGuarnere's Interview - by YuriTheRed - 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Senni`s Interview - by Lost_Legend - 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Barristan's interview - by YuriTheRed - 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hande's interview - by YuriTheRed - 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM