Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Developer Interviews
YuriTheRed : Good day and welcome to our developer interview. Barristan , please introduce yourself.

Barristan: Well I'm an Ausssie and the Development Administrator, which means I pretty much oversee the admins and the some of the other devs as Hyper's number 2

YuriTheRed When did you first started playing NI, and how did you learn about NI's existance?

Barristan : A friend of mine, who I played a bit of CRPG with pestered me to play it with him, then I got hooked. Have been playing for just over 12 months I would say.

YuriTheRed How did you become NI dev, what is your job in NI dev team?

Barristan Well, we all pretty much do a bit of everything. My job is to oversee the senior admins, deal with complaints about the admins and generally support them in their jobs. I also go a fair amount in the database and item development. Over time, I've done just about everything though. I got involved after I became an AU game admin and mentioned to Worm that I might be interested in helping out more. I knew nothing of modding but I was eager to learn and he more or less showed me the ropes.

YuriTheRed : Are you satisfied with the current NI tactic (cading)?

Barristan: Not really, I would like there to be more to it. That said, when you are getting it right and the team works as a team, then the game is at its best. I used to run a lot of VLKA events and the thing about NI I loved the most was when everyone saw themselves as a piece in the machine of death dealing pain to nords.

YuriTheRed : what kind of tactic would you perfer? And how would you achive it?

Barristan: I would like to see more mobile warfare. I don't just want to punish players into dying if they stand their ground. I would like there to be incentives for players to fight the nords at different locations on the map. But the code behind that is very difficult.

YuriTheRed : What are future plans of dev team?

Barristan: Well we don't like to make lots of promises but we do try lots of things in our discussions. We clearly would love the campaign to come back and right now we are expanding the number of player items by a huge amount. My main aim is to provide a sense of the wider war for houses and to get the more involved in the overall conflict. I mean, which house would not want to have a castle.

YuriTheRed : Where do you see yourself and where NI in a year?

Barristan: Well, I hope to see us still at it. Right now the Dev team has an awesome skill set. With Naozumi and G working on webcode the options on our table are huge. We spent too long without proper PhP coders and now we are making up for lost time.

YuriTheRed : What do you like in NI community, and what do you dislike in it?

Barristan: I really enjoy the playerbase for the most part. I wish I had time to play more, although I have leveled up a couple of secret alts Tongue Probably the worst part are the cheaters. The other day Senni and I spent the better part of two days adding items to the database and into the game, one little mistake on our part and there were people just waiting to exploit. It makes you wonder why we put the effort in, in the first place. But generally I am pretty happy.

YuriTheRed : Is there any special message or word of thank, you would want to sent to NI community?

Barristan:Well, I would say that you guys are almost without exception an amazing group to play with. Making new things for people and seeing them go out and eagerly employ your work makes it all worthwhile.
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do

Messages In This Thread
Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Peter_File - 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Hypernomas` Interview - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
MrGuarnere's Interview - by YuriTheRed - 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Senni`s Interview - by Lost_Legend - 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Barristan's interview - by YuriTheRed - 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hande's interview - by YuriTheRed - 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM