Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Developer Interviews
Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Hello and welcome to our Developer Interview series, Birdtalon please introduce yourself.

[OG] Birdtalon: Hi there, I'm Birdtalon, or Lee if you want to call me by my real name. I've been playing Mount and Blade for a couple of years now and other video games even longer. I currently live in the South East of the UK and it's actually sunny for once!

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: The term "sunny" seems to be used in every possible circumstance, must be a dev-thingy Wink. Jokes aside, how did you find into nordinvasion and further on into development ?

[OG] Birdtalon: Quite by accident actually. Like quite a few people, I learned about Nord Invasion through my old Mount and Musket regiment. First I had doubts about playing it due to the "grind" aspect associated with any game which has persistent characters but I started playing with a few friends nonetheless.
I started to enjoy playing and visited the forums and IRC often. As far as I remember that's where I met CoWorm and the other developers. I started playing with them on Nord Invasion for a bit and went on teamspeak after a while.
I think the first time I started playing with them a lot was when I mentioned DayZ, which was pretty new at the time. One thing I remember was when CoWorm said something along the lines of "it doesn't look very good, doubt I'll play that much". A few days later and we were all playing it together for hours.
After that I just played a lot with the Developers, now my friends instead of the scary guys nobody wants to talk to. Eventually I became a game admin and soon after became a Developer. Mainly just from talking with Coworm and the others about improvements to the website and such and showing interest in the way that Nord Invasion worked.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Interesting. Seeing you as a retired developer, how did that happen and is there a possibility you will return developing nordinvasion ?

[OG] Birdtalon: Firstly, I very much doubt I would return to being a developer again. Merely because of the fact I have "moved on" so to speak and now have other things to work on. As to the reason why I decided to leave the team. Well, all I will say is I had a few disagreements with the direction which the mod was taking at the time.
Nothing personal, I just didn't like some of the changes which were being made at the time, not just to the mod but to the admin and development team as well. I didn't really want to be involved in any politics or disagreements so I just decided to leave quietly.
I would like to stress however that I did not want to leave any bad feelings with or about anybody and I think that the current team is doing a great job with the mod!

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Oh i can smell the rumors already ^^. Nice and honest statement. Where do you see the mod in one year ?

[OG] Birdtalon: Hm, to be completely honest. I wouldn't be able to say, you never know what is on the horizon, and as much as we would hate it to happen - the mod may not even be running in a year. However, if the developer and admin teams keep doing the great work that they are and the donators keep supporting it I think Nord Invasion has the capacity to grow even bigger than it already is with new content. I think a great job has been done with the new 0.5.0 patch.
I think that with the influx of players created through the release of the new Mount and Blade II, whenever what may be, Nord Invasion still has a long way to grow before it reaches it's full potential; and I believe that with the people who are behind it at the moment it can achieve great things.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Good to hear ! Coming back to your statement that you moved on, what is your current and\or future project ?

[OG] Birdtalon: Well, I am working on an idea which I've been playing about with for a long time. A few friends and I are creating a network of communities called "Objective Gaming" which is designed to help and support new communities to set up and grow larger. You can check out the website at http://objectivegaming.com/ but be warned it is far from finished and still in it's infancy stages!

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: A community to help out communities ? Sounds... , well like a nice idea. I will definitely check this out. Well, Lee i am out of questions. Any last words ?

[OG] Birdtalon: Well, considering I only pop into NI to check on things from time to time nowadays I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who still plays and supports this mod. The friends and people we meet here will remember each other for a long time and I think that everyone here should make good of the community here for as long as they can. Props to all of you and good luck!
Wusel @ Omnia

Messages In This Thread
Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Peter_File - 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Hypernomas` Interview - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
MrGuarnere's Interview - by YuriTheRed - 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Senni`s Interview - by Lost_Legend - 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Barristan's interview - by YuriTheRed - 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hande's interview - by YuriTheRed - 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Naozumi's Interviews - by YuriTheRed - 09-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Birdtalon`s Interview - by Lost_Legend - 10-06-2013, 11:38 AM