Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Archer class whoring!
I am a sergeant so I play on normal servers. With recent changes every little bitch camps back with a bow. The average round ends when they cant one shot bots anymore. Then, when I and other melee boys are dead, bush wookies get instantly flattered (most likely by skirmishers). The last part looks kind of pleasing but still I'd like to see knights again.

And besides this is mnb, NOT l4d, so get some balls and chop that bot!

This is actually not a troll thread. I know that bow lovers will flame but still I doubt that I'm the only one thinking this way.
My main is commando, but i have an archer alt, ane i disagree with you...

Archers are very important, don't know if you play for kills or to go far on waves, but without a good combo of inf/archer you will never see knights.
As a high lvl infantry your role is to cover and protect archers, if they all die then you fail somewhere...
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
I don't say archers aren't important and as You said we need a good combo. 70% of archers cowardly hiding in bushes is not a good combo.
(20-02-2012, 06:36 PM)Zetus link Wrote: I am a sergeant so I play on normal servers. With recent changes every little bitch camps back with a bow. The average round ends when they cant one shot bots anymore. Then, when I and other melee boys are dead, bush wookies get instantly flattered (most likely by skirmishers). The last part looks kind of pleasing but still I'd like to see knights again.

And besides this is mnb, NOT l4d, so get some balls and chop that bot!

This is actually not a troll thread. I know that bow lovers will flame but still I doubt that I'm the only one thinking this way.

You are my fucking hero, Zetus.
[Image: wbM3H.png]
One reason why there might be so many archers is because they planned ahead, in hard mode archers practically get most of the kills and therefore loot and exp.
(20-02-2012, 06:58 PM)Blondin link Wrote: [...]
but without a good combo of inf/archer you will never see knights.
[...]

Wrong. Simply wrong.

Archers suck if you play as infantry.
Archers are modest support if playing as cavalry.
Archers own if you play as archer.
Archers are used to trim down enemy numbers before they hit the frontline infantry. They're supposed to stay back and harass the enemy, not charge right in with the infantry. Each class has a part to play, and while I do agree that a lot of archers are cowards and camp in the back, a lot more are skilled and usually save the game by making that last stand and headshotting all bots. If you play for kills, you should more than capable as infantry and can chop down bots injured by arrows. If you play to go far on waves, you'll never reach the top without teamwork and archer support.
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and watch the world wonder.
(21-02-2012, 12:21 AM)_666_ link Wrote: Wrong. Simply wrong.

Archers suck if you play as infantry.
Archers are modest support if playing as cavalry.
Archers own if you play as archer.

He meant as a team. You need both archers and melee players in your team.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
You dont need archers in hard mode. Some healer in the back are better than a couple of archers getting all kills. There is no teamplay element for archers. They are just useless for the team. For example now the most archers bringing a barricade (the wood stack) but not for stopping mobs or helping the inf getting a good wall. No they use it to jump on it to get a better view lol. Its hard to find enough volunteers being shielder or playing medic. But always there is a bunch of archers we have to protect their asses.
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
I find whenever we do the shield formation, its always most successful when we have a good number of archers, between 1/3 and 1/2 the players.
They reduce the number of the npcs to a manageble ammount, and reduce the chance of us getting overwhelmed Big Grin.

Yes they do get most the kills and loot, but that may be fixed in future by a loot sharing system.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.