Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Class Suggestion
So I haven't played this mod in almost a month, and I must say, I do like the recent changes that have been made.

Sycophancy aside, I remember discussing an idea for a new class (not going to drop a name) that would include a focus on our little forgotten ranged weapon, the crossbow. The proficiency for the crossbow on the archer class is a tad low compared to that of the bow, and that hit in accuracy really doesn't help the fact that the crossbow has a slow reload time; the Power Draw skill also has no effect on its accuracy.

Now, the point of a crossbow is basically to be a can opener. Bows are terrible against the heavy armor of a Zweihander or a Knight. But because of the things I listed previously, nobody uses them because bows are just plain better in the categories archers care about, being accuracy and speed.

Also, this goes onto about infantry. Ever since the support slot was implemented, people have had one less choice for a weapon, and this reduced the effectiveness of infantry/archer hybrids, as they've been pigeon-holed into using a bow and a two-hander.

So here are a few of my suggestions:
  • Give crossbows in the archer tree some love so they're actually usable or at least on par with a bow in terms of effectiveness

• Remove the crossbow proficiency from the archer tree completely and put it in the infantry tree, while pumping up the numbers to the point of option one

• Remove crossbow proficiency from the archer tree and remove the two-hander proficiency from infantry, and make a new class that puts an emphasis on using crossbows and two-handers, essentially what the current hybrid is, except with the emphasis on crossbows instead of bows. Infantry would retain a focus on using a one-hander/shield + throwing weapon combination. May have to increase the number of throwing weapons available in a slot and increase the proficiency to make up for the lack of versatility.

The third one is pretty extreme, but all I'm looking for is some love for my crossbow. After all, that is what Swadians use in Native.
Captain_Stoogey
i have too say that more crossbows are needed and a new class would be good for them BUT, do not take 2h away from inf!!! the 2handers are the destructive inf weps infantry loves 2 handers and i know that cause tons of people use them. the support slot is shit cause maybe i want to solo and dont need a medkit or i need another shield. so the support slot needs to be a reg weapons slot so people are not forced to have something they dont need or want or an empty slot. or actually just give the opprotunity to put regular shields in support and leave the weapons out of it because then there will still be people using medkits and such. and back to the xbow point: good idea bad ways of dealing with it(in medieval times xbow men had an xbow, bolts, and a onehander) put xbow up for a new xbow class some new bolts and some one handed swords only xbowmen have, but dont take away from inf or arch only add stuff for xbow men. Good idea panda
There are already to few shielder and medics. If Inf. would get a profitable X-bow function or changes about the support slot we can rename the mod to "The egoistical-solo-no teamplay- fire at will, hordes of Nord killing super duber grindfest"  :o
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
that deserves a slow clap... well said my friend
Alright, so I knew the second option would seem off.

I'll put some more clarity on this again. Infantry would retain a specific role as the shield-bearing one-hander class, with a throwing weapon proficiency. Their presence is still a necessity, and it's a role I fill myself after I realized how garbage hybrids were going to be in the long run (If they were to be effective bow users, they still would have had to have two quivers so they could maintain a presence in the back before cleaning up in melee), and this is especially true in hard mode, with the aimbot rangers and the hail of throwing axes and javelins.

The "new" second class wouldn't be able to stand in the front with the shield wall, as they'd get riddled with holes in the chest and head. Their role would be that of a melee damage dealer, while using crossbows as a can opener against heavily armored foes before engaging in melee. Crossbows don't have the crowd clearing power of bows, so they'd take on higher value targets in a wave before it crashes into the front line (Shock Troopers are a good example); they would then have to engage in melee seeing as how shield infantry don't exactly have a lot of killing power against a swarm.

I can't emphasize enough about how easy it is to be killed by ranged weapons without a shield. Without any skill in it, it would be a waste to pick one up in the first place - we've all seen snipers headshot Troopers through the top of their shields on the 12th wave.
Captain_Stoogey
dude im saying that i think new 1 handers only for a new xbow tree would be great but leave infantry with 2handers