Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Where has the gold gone ?
Rename Hypers hell to Winters Vault and replace all the props with money bags.
Also redo the entire pit to become Winters massive vault (including the deathtrap for anyone that enters).
How about some Bonus Weekends with increased gold drop?
or some special Map, where only on this map the gold earnings are increased, somthing like this:
(05-06-2013, 08:22 AM)Punishment link Wrote:Rename Hypers hell to Winters Vault and replace all the props with money bags.
Also redo the entire pit to become Winters massive vault (including the deathtrap for anyone that enters).

And because Winter is glad we defended his treasures from the Nord, 'he' pay's 2% more gold for each slain Nord.
Or some Swadian Bank map should do too. Might be locked for events.

Or some special game mode where the player's have to ambush a Nord supply train and have increased gold loot chances.
Skalarhaubitze - Da haste gar keine Chance mehr, da haste nur noch die Platin-Arschkarte.
McBone: 0204 Old-Shool-Babo in progress                  
Earl_Grey: 0400 Wannebe Fearsome Knight
Arthius_Routburg: 0030 Face Stabber
Fluffy_Boner_Boy: 0100 crazy shit
Erm, bone, the entire idea of hero classes costing this much and increased use of phoenix feathers was to decrease the amount of gold... So having players get extra gold ins't really gonna happen.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Erm, yes but i feel like OP so i just throw in some suggestions.

Why I'm suporting increased gold:
NI gameplay is kinda always the same, regardless of the classes.
You get less drops and can enjoy some fail-cading, fail-saving, archers picking up thinks they shouldn't use, guys who say to you: leave the server please so i can solo hard/ragnar mod and blah blah blah. Events aren't different, 3 hours of constant playing, no drop, about 100k assit exp what's about 20k gold (regarding the old Hard mode).

If you want to have any chance of getting some cash, you just have to sit down and play over and over and over and enjoy some really annoying facts of the Player Community, spending a lot of time for it. Yeahy!
Not really my prefered way on spending my freetime.

So... where's the problem on some special occasions where the cash drop is increased slightly? I'm not talking of a general increased gold drop. Maybe some Bonus Weekend every 3 months? Would that already be too much?

Skalarhaubitze - Da haste gar keine Chance mehr, da haste nur noch die Platin-Arschkarte.
McBone: 0204 Old-Shool-Babo in progress                  
Earl_Grey: 0400 Wannebe Fearsome Knight
Arthius_Routburg: 0030 Face Stabber
Fluffy_Boner_Boy: 0100 crazy shit
I guess Boney's point is that it currently is extremely difficult and tedious for all the new players to get some decent gear.
An average round of normal mode takes about 45 minutes and earns you an average of about 2.000 gold, loot included. (Presuming you make it rather far.)
Hard mode earns you about 25k, roughly estimated, yet takes a lot longer per round.

Now to compare, 1 Phoenix Feather costs 1.000.000 gold, thats about 500 rounds of normal mode. To me that sounds pretty disheartening..
(05-06-2013, 12:42 PM)-Perception- link Wrote:I guess Boney's point is that it currently is extremely difficult and tedious for all the new players to get some decent gear.
An average round of normal mode takes about 45 minutes and earns you an average of about 2.000 gold, loot included. (Presuming you make it rather far.)
Hard mode earns you about 25k, roughly estimated, yet takes a lot longer per round.

Now to compare, 1 Phoenix Feather costs 1.000.000 gold, thats about 500 rounds of normal mode. To me that sounds pretty disheartening..

It actually depends on how lucky the person playing is, i got 200k not so long ago in 1 round of normal mode, that is if chosen huscarls spawn, if you are unlucky then you get way less ofc.
Pretty sure though that in 5-10 rounds of normal mode at least 1 time you can get a drop worth 50-100k
Only people who don't deserve legendaries loot them. - YuriTheRed

I looted 3 legendaries so this is most definitely true.
In case you make it to the higher waves. The first wave that yields some decent amount of cash is wave 10 (Coal).
Of course luck is always helpful, as it only takes a single legendary drop to make you rich.
(Most of us are not that lucky..)
(05-06-2013, 12:23 PM)McBone link Wrote:Erm, yes but i feel like OP so i just throw in some suggestions.

Why I'm suporting increased gold:
NI gameplay is kinda always the same, regardless of the classes.
You get less drops and can enjoy some fail-cading, fail-saving, archers picking up thinks they shouldn't use, guys who say to you: leave the server please so i can solo hard/ragnar mod and blah blah blah. Events aren't different, 3 hours of constant playing, no drop, about 100k assit exp what's about 20k gold (regarding the old Hard mode).

If you want to have any chance of getting some cash, you just have to sit down and play over and over and over and enjoy some really annoying facts of the Player Community, spending a lot of time for it. Yeahy!
Not really my prefered way on spending my freetime.

So... where's the problem on some special occasions where the cash drop is increased slightly? I'm not talking of a general increased gold drop. Maybe some Bonus Weekend every 3 months? Would that already be too much?

I guess that's true, but not everyone thinks actually playing the mod is such an annoyance as you seem to do. High tier crafting goods drops seem to have increased since 0.5.0 (for me, at least), so if you get like 1 Water every 5 times you play Hard (the new Hard) for example, you get 80k extra per 5 games, averaging on 16k extra per game. If you then take a look at the gold you get from a longish game of Hard with a couple of kills, I'd say that comes down to 10k per game. If you then convert your assist to gold, you get at least 8k extra, totaling at 34k per game.

I don't think that's so bad, is it?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
There is plenty of gold. The reason for the gold sink was to increase the value of gold. The less of it there is, the more valuable it becomes, which only increases the wealth of newer players. There are very few players with super huge stashes of gold anymore which is a very good thing, since not all that long ago, there was so much gold that people simply wouldn't trade for it. This meant that unless you had legendary items, you could not enter the legendary market and newer players were excluded from the economy.

I can understand why some of the older players might prefer the old power they used to have over the economy but we on the dev team saw the need to introduce ways to sink money. The other options of course being the introduction of gear maintenance, like in CRPG, which is just too penalising for players with good gear.

We have introduced new items which are super expensive, they are meant to be like that. When Transitional Armour was introduced, it was so expensive almost no one could afford it, over time however, as more items entered the economy, it became cheaper. This will also happen with the new items as well. It might seem strange to contemporary players but this was also true of Banded Armour at one point. The gold sink which we introduced is adjustable, as the sink removes money we can change the economy around by adjusting the sink, which, as trends continue, we will consider as things go forward.

The economy we have built, favours newer players, money is worth more and the amount of Phoenix Feathers which continue to be purchased by newer players is evidence of this. There are less super wealthy gold hoarders with nothing that their money could buy anymore and there are many more players using their gold to get access to mind-upper tier craftables and legendaries. Money gets spent and leaves the economy but players use it as a ladder to get nicer gear. What is likely to happen however, is that prices for things will come down as the value of money increases, which is another factor that will favor the development of new wealth over the hoarding of old wealth.
(05-06-2013, 01:56 PM)Maroon link Wrote:[...]
I guess that's true, but not everyone thinks actually playing the mod is such an annoyance as you seem to do.
[...]

The only convincing part of your post.  Big Grin
Albeit, what concerns me a bit, the mod can be quite tedious when playing with trolls or a team that totally lacks co-operation.