Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Red Canyon
Creator: Sighvatr
Map Name: Red Canyon
Description: This is the first NordInvasion Map I am submitting and is also the first time I've used the AI Mesh tool. This map is designed to favor all troop classes and AI bots. the bots spawn down inside of the little valley and moves directly towards to where the players spawn (which is by the tent). The bird-eye pictures I've posted doesn't describe much, but you are in for a treat when you get to see the smaller details.  Wink

Made by a GK Siege Mapper.
Think it looks fine., but isent it gonna be an Archer map ? Some barricades., and pew pew from above, and Headshot every single time ?

Just my toughts... Smile
The canyon is not that big itself. The bridge gets in the way (its rather quite large). The map is made for all classes, including infantry. If you ignore the rest of the outside field and pay attention to where the bots and players will fight, you can understand that this map could be smaller. As for the archers, yes, there are some key points, but they will not be able to kill every single spawned bot before it reaches to the mouth of the valley.
Well, no offense, but that's an empty map. This is how most maps look after 20 minutes of work. You should put way more time in it, and place buildings or ruins, plants of any kind (trees, grass, steppe grass, bushes, rocks[those are plants, according to M&B Big Grin] ).
Also some barrels, boxes, wooden barriers, and such details would be nice. It's also important to vary the ground texture on open fields to avoid this tiling look slightly visible on your screenshots.
You can make this map a nice thing, but put way more work in it, right now, it's 5% done.

To repeat that, I didn't mean to offend you in any way, just wanted to be of help.
the map its self as stated is as one would say naked and it look like a great map for inf and especially archers but i already see great potential for team work without the worry bout inf running in the way of the archers and the archers to cover the inf line from the bridge but it does look like it needs maybe a little more time on it (but what would i know) love your work  ;D
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
I like the map because of it's simplicity. It's a fairly balanced map for each and every class. Who cares if it doesn't have a lot of detail? It's not like you'll suffer if he doesn't put some grass down or some trees and shit.
[Image: wbM3H.png]
as i said Big Grin
(22-02-2012, 08:42 PM)freiwulf link Wrote: (but what would i know) love your work  ;D
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
5% done does not describe the map. 20 minutes isn't what I've spent on this map either. It took me about 10 or more hours to make this actually- not to mention my first time fiddling with the AI Meshes. Maps aren't all about how many objects you can fit in either. If you look closely at the map, you'll see that I spent time doing some ground textures. I haven't shown the rest of the map yet. Nor is it naked. A map doesn't have to be cluttered with many objects. The map itself is big, but the distance between the players and the bots is at a good distance and the openess of the map is what gives it it's beauty. Wink
Looks good.

I actually dislike maps with a lot of trees/objects in them, as they tend to block player movement/projectiles/swings in strange and frustrating ways.
Call me a necrophile for posting here but would you (Sightvatr) mind sending me the map files/scene code?
I like the layout and I want to help you ironing out some flaws and making the map more appealing, thanks.