Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

An invitation to a private Diablo 2 server
Hello NI!

I am a moderator over at slashdiablo, a private Diablo 2 server. The goal of Slashdiablo is to recreate battle.net without bots, dupes, and with a healthy, helpful community. It is a great place to get a nostalgia trip. I would like to open an invitation to any NI players who would be interested in playing D2. If there's a few of you who would be interested, I could do a rush and help you get started with some basic gear. You also don't need a cd key or legit copy to play with us.

Our community board is on reddit and all the information is there. Follow the link below for instructions on how to connect.
http://www.reddit.com/r/slashdiablo/comm...erver_faq/

The only 3rd party software we allow is our custom configured maphack.

The softcore community is quite active and recently we have had an influx of hc players. The hc community is very tight nit. Everyone there helps each other out, and works together.

So come play!

P.S. Be warned, if you are caught botting on slashdiablo the banhammer will break your face.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
The real battle.net was Warcraft 3 custom games.

Damm those were the days!
(12-06-2013, 04:53 PM)bossculeur link Wrote:The only 3rd party software we allow is our custom configured maphack.

Define "custom configured maphack".
i can see it now sphinx me you banks and liquor + sepsis making a party like fonline Big Grin the good old days
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
Quote:Define "custom configured maphack".

The "custom configured part is because it is made by a player on our server.

Our maphack does a bunch of cool stuff.

Reveals map
Draws lines to the next/previous zone
Make light radius maximum
Shows monsters on the map (bosses/unique mobs are green, champs are blue)
Shows monster immunities over their head on the map
Shows projectiles on map
Has a in game stats page that shows your characters gear stats such as: fhr, fcr, mf, gf, and just about everything else
Allows you to view other players gear
Can be custom configured to make some items not show up on the ground when you hit alt (stuff like arrows, antidote potions. Makes it so you don't have to search every time you smash a big cow pack)
Can be custom configured to show certain items on the map in different colours (I have it set so that all runes ist-zod are a bug red square on the map)
Can be custom configured to change the colour of items on screen to make them easier to recognize
Has an autoparty/autoloot (hc) function that will automatically party with people/turn looting on

Most of these features can be turned on or off depending on what you like.

It's really nice to use. It allows you to get past the hastle of finding the doors etc. which can be time consuming over hundreds (thousands?) of runs. Some people don't like it obviously and there is no requirement to use it.

Please vodka!
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
That really seems lame, making the game so easy and just turned into a grinding fest of bosses instead of role playing ... D2 a RPG .. lol. Grinding is what won't make me reinstall D2
Well it's an interesting debate for sure. First off, I barely classify D2 as an RPG. There are very few actual roleplaying elements in the game. If I was trying to describe d2 I might even say "a grinding fest of bosses". It's all about running things over and over again until the rng gods are kind enough to drop something. The maphack just makes it more comfortable and opens up some options to run. For instance, without maphack you would almost never do meph runs because the size of the Durance of Hate is just massive. The maphack allows you to run things like this efficiently which makes the game more open and interesting.

Quote:making the game so easy

I've never really seen D2 as a hard game. Unless it's the start of a ladder reset you don't die very often. Now, after countless hours farming, my hdin runs 2175 life, 86 fhr bp, 300 mf, 14k def, 15k damage hammers, max block. As I said, it's about grinding really, not the challenge (unless you're doing challenges like ironman).

Fafnir - 52 Marauder
(14-06-2013, 06:45 PM)bossculeur link Wrote:Well it's an interesting debate for sure. First off, I barely classify D2 as an RPG. There are very few actual roleplaying elements in the game. If I was trying to describe d2 I might even say "a grinding fest of bosses". It's all about running things over and over again until the rng gods are kind enough to drop something. The maphack just makes it more comfortable and opens up some options to run. For instance, without maphack you would almost never do meph runs because the size of the Durance of Hate is just massive. The maphack allows you to run things like this efficiently which makes the game more open and interesting.

Quote:making the game so easy

I've never really seen D2 as a hard game. Unless it's the start of a ladder reset you don't die very often. Now, after countless hours farming, my hdin runs 2175 life, 86 fhr bp, 300 mf, 14k def, 15k damage hammers, max block. As I said, it's about grinding really, not the challenge (unless you're doing challenges like ironman).

Boring Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
my old hdin had 24~36k hammers and the ability to teleport thanks to my rune armor, the game is a joke at that point lol
Yeah I can teleport as well (enigma). You can only get that sort of damage with dupes though. The max with legit items would be 16-17k i think.
Fafnir - 52 Marauder