Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

mid-high craftable commando 2h slashing weapon
Before I start I realise the headcrusher might be exactly what I'm talking about. I've never seen it in game so I don't really know. Maybe this issue was addressed in 0.5 but if so I haven't seen this weapon yet. Sorry for wasting your time if this is the case.

After looking at damage tables I have realised that axes and swords just won't cut it (haha) for late hardmode and rag. Blunt weapons do heaps more damage than cut weapons against heavy armor. If you're a commando the only viable blunt options (excluding mjolnir) are the iron mace and the hwh. The price of the iron mace is around 5k, the price of the hwh is over 3 mil. This is a massive price gap obviously, and it would be nice to give mid wealth commandos a nice blunt weapon choice (once again, presuming it doesn't already exist and I've just missed it). So I suggest the creation of a mid level craftable blunt weapon with a crafting cost similar to the highlander claymore/butcher/boarding axe, maybe a little more. This might require a buff to the hwh so that there is more of a gap for the new weapon fill. Anyways thanks for reading and sorry if this already exists.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
Nah, the Head Crusher is nothing like what you are talking about.  It is a VERY short 1h blunt weapon, definitely not for slashing Tongue

I'd say the Butcher is just about what you are talking about, because it has such a high cut that it is useful anyways.
No the butcher isn't the same. Against 80+ armor cut damage just becomes terrible. Seriously go look at damage tables if you haven't. It's shocking how much more effective blunt is. I just think theres a whole here in gear that should be filled. There is a clear proggression for mid level cut weapons. sgs/warcleaver-flamberge-butcher/boarding axe/highlander-wormbane- and then on to more expensive/legendary options. for blunt it's just iron mace-hwh. No reason not to have a weapon inbetween those 2.

Also curious as to why you posted and then quoted yourself? Was that an accident or is it some sort of forum convention I don't know about? just curious.
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
I have, but there aren't that many enemies in any mode that have such high armour.  I used to be all into the damage tables and using character stat values, so I do know what you are talking about.  The only enemies that really have that much armour are the last two boss waves, which most (all) people cade off and do ranged against instead.

It is a good idea to add a mid-tier blunt weapon, yes, just adding some discussion and advertising the awesomeness of the new butcher.

And I have no idea why that happened.  Stupid forum.

Aaaaanyways, many new items are in the process of being added, so just wait and see what fun new things we get Wink
I'd imagine quite a few enemies like juggernauts and einherjars are over 80 armor. Regardless of that I just think it's odd that there's an over crowding of mid cut weapons, and a huge deficiency of mid blunt weapons. As you said, i'm sure the devs are aware of this and working on it. i just wanted to put it out there for discussion/visibilty. In the meantime I will continue to sit here and cry with my iron mace.
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
Cut weapons received a huge buff and nord armour values a huge nerf in 0.5.0. Can never please everyone...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
The Heavy War Hammer is the high level crafting item. There is a hammer avaliable through house crafting and a legendary one as well. There is a reasonable progression of capability through marketplace>legendary in two handed blunt weapons.

My personal suspicion is that the HWH will come down in price as people start producing the item the next level up. Please don't make the mistake of thinking the production price of an item is the same as the resale price of an item. Certain items hold their values very well, others are designed, specifically, not to.

Your assertion that two handed cut weapons are useless against not enemies is not something I find credible. We regularly use health buffs as a way of increasing enemy strength over armour buffs so that cut weapons remain effective but enemies remain tough. No one knows the damage tables as well as Banks does and he has been handling most the enemy's armour values for a while.
Ok. I've been looking at banks' weapon damage spreadsheets which he has told me are out of date and obviously I can't know the exact armor values for nords. I noticed small buffs for cut weapons (highlander went up by 2 cut) but as far as I could tell it wasn't drastic (although if you changed armor values that comes to the same effect I guess).

Barristan:
The housecrafted hammer is more expensive than the hwh, is it not? I couldn't imagine the hwh coming down too far in price simply because of how useful it is and the fact that it takes 2 phoenix feathers to craft which have steady value. Even if the price went down to 1.5 mil on average, still a large gap between this and the iron mace. If the housecrafted hammer is filling up the gap then all of this is irrelevant though.

Hyper:

Quote:Cut weapons received a huge buff and nord armour values a huge nerf in 0.5.0. Can never please everyone...

I'm sorry if you think I'm being unappreciative of your work. I love this mod and I love the new patch. I was simply making a suggestion because I think it's odd that there are many cut weapons and very few blunt weapons. After all, that's what this section of the forums is for suggestions. Anyways I'm sorry if I came off as whiny or unappreciative, I was just trying to be useful.
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
(17-06-2013, 09:56 PM)bossculeur link Wrote:I'm sorry if you think I'm being unappreciative of your work. I love this mod and I love the new patch. I was simply making a suggestion because I think it's odd that there are many cut weapons and very few blunt weapons. After all, that's what this section of the forums is for suggestions. Anyways I'm sorry if I came off as whiny or unappreciative, I was just trying to be useful.
Oh don't mind me Tongue I need to moan somewhere Wink

In regards to the quantity of cut weapons v blunt, firstly there are waaaay more models (and better models) for cut weapons than blunt weapons. Secondly, from a traditional standing, soldiers were fitted out with cut weapons over blunt weapons. My second point ties back in to my first point resulting in modellers making more cut weapons than blunt weapons.

Thus we can conclude that someone needs to go make more blunt weapons!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Maybe it's time to learn to model then! Unfortunately blender is one of the least intuitive programs in the world. Youtube tutorials it is I guess.
Fafnir - 52 Marauder