Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Pavise Champion shields?
Hello there,
I've been thinking about making my xbow a Pavise Champion (as sson as he hits 52, that is), and I was wondering if anyone who already picked the Champion could tell me what shields you can use as Champion.
So anyone who can enlighten me? Smile
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
As ive read almost all royal gaurd only shields can also be used by pavise champion.

The defender shield (which cost 600k to make) is only slighty worse then the royal shield and you wont even tell the difference with your extra point in shielding.
They can use the Aegis Shield aswell.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
Well, I was thinking about a few things for the Pavise Champion, because the Pavise Crossbowmen were famous for their large shields which they use as cover (like the board shields now), and if they'd only use small shields like the Aegis Shield, wouldn't that be kind of missing the point of the crossbow's shields?
So wouldn't it be an idea to add large shields (Tower Shield/Board Shield size) to the Pavise? Of course, the problem of available models remains, but there's an OSP here which includes a pavise shield model & texture. I'm sure there's more out there, or else we can set our own modelers to work!
What do you guys think?

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I agree, something like Tower shield for Pavise champion would give them a crucial bonus.

Otherwise, why would players level up a sharpshooter and go pavise champion instead of playing with a royal guard ?
(23-06-2013, 04:02 PM)Yvain link Wrote: I agree, something like Tower shield for Pavise champion would give them a crucial bonus.

Otherwise, why would players level up a sharpshooter and go pavise champion instead of playing with a royal guard ?
To fill in for a dead shielder. But other than that you just play like a normal sharpshooter.
[Image: sigasdasd.png]
AW CHEESE! And fuck Worm Banes
The way I think of it, the Pavise is more orientated to being an arrowmagnet, as it's size makes it very useful when moving in to kill some rangers (I use my heavy board shield for that a lot now as sharpshooter), instead of being more useful in hand to hand combat, where the speed of a shield is more useful. But hey, keep them ideas coming! Wink

I agree, the Pavise should have some massive large shield
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Wasn't the Tower shield supposed to be new for Sharpshooters, though I can't find any info on whether it is craftable or not?
_Greatsword_- lvl. 52 Pavise Champion
MC_HAMMER -lvl. 52 Commando & Trickster's scapegoat
Pencil_Dick -lvl. 41 Skirmisher & Filthy Wench
Russian_Standard lvl. 22 Archer
Убей их всех! (#RU community NI represent!!!)
Its a Legendary useable by Commando/Sharpshooter. I have only seen devs with it, its pretty dang rare.