Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hero class, waste of gold?
Hmm, a basic sheildwall consists of say 2 shielders and 3 slashers, shielders are typically commandos, and slashers are typically commandos or pikeman. Archers and crossbowman tend to stay behind the wall and pick off ranged units/difficult units, no archer should be slashing at any time (unless things are desperate) so if one of the commandos shields were to break, you would expect the slashing commandos to step up, if they are unavailabe then the pikemen would take the shielding role. If it comes to that then you would expect the crossbowmen to prepare a sheild, while the archers remain picking off key enemies. If all that fails, then I dont think any amount of shield skill is going to save those poor archers  Tongue
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
However, not in all situations does that count. Let's say there's 4 guys left, a Warden, a Pikeman, a Sharpshooter and a Ranger, because the shieldwall got wiped, but they managed to pick off the last few Nords in a wave. For the next wave, the Ranger's shield skill of 6 makes him the best shielder of the bunch, and it might just give him the edge to survive the next wave.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Thats one extreme situation, I highly doubt that would be a common scenario, certainly not worth paying 750k for, warden and sentinel and much more practical.
My Characters!

VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
it is actually not ONLY about the shielding skill but also about the Ironflesh PLUS the ability to wear heavy armor (heavy Inf helmets, House Crafting Ranger Armor etc.)

Warden
Requires: 13 class points
Gold: 750000
One handed: 50
Two handed: 40
Polearm: 25
Archery: 55
Crossbow: 0
Throwing: 0
Power draw: 1
Power throw: 0
Power strike: 2
Ironflesh: 1
Athletics: 2
Shield: 1

Ranger
One handed: 50
Two handed: 40
Polearm: 25
Archery: 7
Crossbow:0
Power draw: 0
Power strike: 2
Ironflesh: 4
Athletics: 1
Shield: 5

Sentinel
One handed: 120
Two handed: 0
Polearm: 0
Archery: 0
Crossbow: 0
Power draw: 0
Power strike: 5
Ironflesh: 1
Athletics: 2
Shield: 4
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
If you want to be a tank, why not go commando  :o
And if you want power draw skill, hybrid to tier 2 archer?
My Characters!

VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
(15-09-2013, 11:12 PM)Handef_Snizel link Wrote: If you want to be a tank, why not go commando  :o
And if you want power draw skill, hybrid to tier 2 archer?
This doesnt make any sense, actually.

This game is about not to die (considering a server without tomes).
You can take a LOT more damage with the better Helmet, Armor AND Ironflesh. You can also shield in an emergency situation.

I for myself am not sure if I should choose Ranger or Warden, but still this class is of a decent use.
I see no point in calling this useless to be honest.
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
There is heavy equipment waiting to be put ingame, specifically for the Ranger class Smile.
(we are pretty swamped atm, but it is being done!)
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Is there also any chance that the Adventurier class will get some fancy new equipment next patch?  Smile
(16-09-2013, 01:36 PM)Senni link Wrote: There is heavy equipment waiting to be put ingame, specifically for the Ranger class Smile.
(we are pretty swamped atm, but it is being done!)
Good news for me!  ;D
(15-09-2013, 11:09 PM)human_being link Wrote: .... PLUS the ability to wear heavy armor (heavy Inf helmets, House Crafting Ranger Armor etc.)

Actually, it can use the sergeants' helmets (but not the grinder helmet), so for a mere 4000 gold, a ranger can get 46 pts for a head protection.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden