Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hero class, waste of gold?
Archers don't have enough shields  8)
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Pikemen should be able to use bows and arrows really well!
Start the game already!
Who says Snipers with Polerarm will be good?
Commandos should have more power draw than Wardens ... makes perfect sense. Ever watched Rambo ?
archers are the best they can shield slash kite heal cade builders etc etc just give them fire balls hande!
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
I think in no small part the confusion is that for some classes, the upgrade to hero is much "larger" then the upgrade for other classes.

For example, for archers, upgrading to the warden gives an extra point of power draw and 55 weapon skill. In relative numbers, that is a 17% increase in skill and 22% increase in weapon skill.

In contrast, for the master peltast, upgrading to the best class for throwing gives and extra point of power throw and 25 weapon skill. In relative numbers, that is a 17% in skill and 8% increase in weapon skill.

To summarize comparing the most ranged archer with the most ranged pikeman, the result is both give the same increase in skill but the archer one almost gives 3x the relative increase in weapon skill. Ergo, the archer upgrade gives a lot more bang to the buck in comparing which to upgrade, and ultimately which is superior in their role.

[This analysis does not account for equipment, which can be viewed either together with this or independently]

(25-06-2013, 03:26 PM)Huscarlton Banks link Wrote: I don't think anyone's done a bot by bot comparison of hits to kill thresholds for each throwing weapon though, and that's what's really important.

In my experience, it varies so this is difficult...

case in point, as a pikeman I can usually kill rangers in one hit with jarids, but not always. Unless their foot armor is hardier then their body armor...

If a comparison was desired though, you could compare the difference in power between CTS and jarids. CTS is 8.3% stronger.
I just wanted to add to this thread that if you aren't enjoying your Master Peltast as it is, try going into Normal with Throwing Knives. I go in with three stacks of Throwing Knives (72 ammo total) and a surg kit. Most of the mobs until Vet Pikes die from one headshot, and the accuracy and speed of Throwing Knives with that throwing skill are godlike. I can easily solo up to Prince in a relatively short time.

P.S. I still do NOT recommend Throwing Knives for any other difficulty xD
(03-07-2013, 09:42 PM)Genpuu link Wrote: I just wanted to add to this thread that if you aren't enjoying your Master Peltast as it is, try going into Normal with Throwing Knives. I go in with three stacks of Throwing Knives (72 ammo total) and a surg kit. Most of the mobs until Vet Pikes die from one headshot, and the accuracy and speed of Throwing Knives with that throwing skill are godlike. I can easily solo up to Prince in a relatively short time.

P.S. I still do NOT recommend Throwing Knives for any other difficulty xD

Love the throwing speed on these!  This is what a Peltast should be able to throw like.  To have a exclusive Throwing Spear that has good ammo, power and speed would be sublime..... Yes I am dreaming.
So you want an OP class and make a huge difference between hybrid builds and hero classes ? Not gonna happen.

You pay a lot just to get that extra "edge" over hybrid builds, but that bonus shouldn't make you OP.

People are complaining a lot just because the items haven't all been added yet (lack of models, and a lot of time to introduce). Once you get your own throwing weapons for Peltasts, You'll be the first one to be happy of your investment.

So be patient (a thing people tend to not do), and enjoy the rewarding experience once everything is implanted.

If you paid too early and aren't satisfied about your current hero class, then I'm sorry for you, but I'm quite liking my hero classes and I'll love them even more with the new items.