Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hero class, waste of gold?
you can always be poor like me and not buy hero class and just stay as a sniper+hvy infantry and TRY to beat sphinx in a duel
If you respec your Sniper + t2 infantry to go hero, you spend a lot of money for only a small advantage.

E.g. Warden :
- You loose 1 shield skill point (insignificant)
- The best helmet you can wear is the open trooper helmet (+31) instead of t2 inf helmet (+37)
- You can shoot lightly faster.
- You can hold your arrow for a longer period (not useful, why wait before shooting ?^^)
- You loose between 750k and 928.6k (hero + respec + assist xp)

Since snipers often die from headshots, head armor is very important so I woud say that, for now, there are more disadvantages than advantages.
A craftable helmet for snipers could solve the problem, I'm trying to find a good OSP model which could match with the bear armor, but it's not easy... especially as devs prefer models done by the community Tongue

(apart from this, the main reason why many players have afforded sniper hero class is that they become 'true heroes of swadia'...)
(08-07-2013, 06:56 PM)Yvain link Wrote: - The best helmet you can wear is the open trooper helmet (+31) instead of t2 inf helmet (+37)

I can't help but feel that you've completely forgotten about the Brass Helmet...

Also, as one of the hero classes for Snipers you can use the craftable Elmwood / Ebony Bows and their matching arrows for more damage.

Plus, the "slightly faster" firing rate makes a huge difference if you're trying to compete with Wardens as a normal Sniper. The weapon proficiency also gives higher accuracy for bows like SS or Hurricane.
You also forgot the items you talk about are extremely expensive and rare. SS and Hurricane already have most accuracy possible, proficiency will just let you hold it longer. Firing rate is barely sufficient for 750k.
Well, as has been stated -many- times before, the Hero Classes were never meant to be game-changingly OP or anything. They are just meant to give a slight edge, and I feel this is exactly what they're doing (in the cases where items have been added).
Also, Hero Classes are only available at max level, and obviously they gear they will add to your class then will be high-end craftables or rare drops. I fail to see why this is confusing.
(09-07-2013, 09:00 AM)Genpuu link Wrote: I can't help but feel that you've completely forgotten about the Brass Helmet...
Stricktly speaking you are right to mention it, but I was talking about reality, not dream...

I.e. : The helmet Wardens usually wear is the open trooper helmet (+31) whereas the helmet sniper + t2inf wear provides + 37 armor.
So basically, going Warden makes you wear a weaker helmet. And it does make a difference Wink
Someone finding the materials for Brass Bars is a miracle by itself.
Am I the only one who has seen two (pretty sure different people) full Brass sets in-game since they were introduced? O.o
I am also very disappointed of my hero class....750k is too much for that......It would be nice when the members who dont like their hero class,could retake it from their cha and get the 750k Gold back .
(23-08-2013, 01:46 PM)JellyBelly link Wrote: I am also very disappointed of my hero class....750k is too much for that......It would be nice when the members who dont like their hero class,could retake it from their cha and get the 750k Gold back .

Most of the hero classes need a buff imo to make the investment worth the gold.