Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map Strategy Guide: (VLKA)
With our House Challenge: Dominate King Ragnar quest VLKA decided that they would also show the NI population the strategy that we used on each map to slay Ragnar. This is the purpose of this thread. For those houses that also take up this challenge we encourage you do to the same.

NB: Each strategy will contain an image with markers placed, a suggested team size, a brief description and a short video of the strategy in place. (I would advise watching videos in 720p)

NBB: These strategies try to use as basic items as necessary to make their useability more accessible to the community. They also can be adapted to both easier and harder modes.

NBBB: On the screenshots it says 'Heavy cades at the blue lines' these are not always heavy barricades, any barricade will usually be sufficient.

NBBBB: All strategies have been successful in killing Ragnar.

All completed maps have been posted. I will update this thread as maps are completed as well as provide notification which ones are added.
nicely done mate, ive learn a couple of things here
Now no excuses not to play a map ! Ragnar is killable on any map Wink
(01-07-2013, 11:20 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:Now no excuses not to play a map ! Ragnar is killable on any map Wink
Yes, use the "Coming soon" strategy ! no need for Royal shields or rez tomes !

edit : how about the last Caravan ambush update, with the small tunnel, do you think that the team should defend there ? I think it's way too narrow and not efficient, so in my opinion the strategy you mentioned hereabove remains the best one
(04-07-2013, 06:26 PM)Yvain link Wrote:[quote author=_Sphinx_ link=topic=15310.msg122233#msg122233 date=1372720843]
Now no excuses not to play a map ! Ragnar is killable on any map Wink
Yes, use the "Coming soon" strategy ! no need for Royal shields or rez tomes !

edit : how about the last Caravan ambush update, with the small tunnel, do you think that the team should defend there ? I think it's way too narrow and not efficient, so in my opinion the strategy you mentioned hereabove remains the best one
[/quote]

If we waited until this whole strategy was complete, the mod could be over, the maps could all be different, VLKA could be disbanded. So it is a work in progress for now. I would prefer the community is fed the information as it is made available.

I believe the tunnel isn't a viable camping spot. It is way to reliant on barricades/deployables to get adequate shooting zones. Not to mention the tougher nords just standing infront of the shielders and shooting. The posted strategy for Ambush is what I believe to be the most efficient and safe, as well as still possible after map update.
Mountain Pass and Swadian Castle added.
Swadian Keep and Offshore added. Will most likely add the new maps from 0.5.1 at some point as well.