Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn
As of yet, commandos are close to useless without the ability to block off an area with shieldwall. They get overhwelmed by the sheer amount of bots coming at them. Without choke points, its virtually impossible to get to the later waves in Hard Mode without cav herding the bots, which I find even worse than camping one spot.

IMO, these are the two ways of how Invasion mods work.
1) You have tons of bots coming at you, but you have defendable place at your disposal, be it a choke point, roof with one/two stairs, something. (Which is, I believe, how Full invasion works)
2) You have way less bots coming at you, maybe equal to the amount of players or bit more (and probalby way stronger), but you have no defendable place.

Atm, NI is the combination of those two, and not the good combination. Doesnt help that the two common playstyles always leave one class useless. Shieldwalling makes cavalry useless, bot herding leaves infantry useless.

(06-03-2012, 12:54 PM)Fighting Phil link Wrote: We can speculate a lot around teamwork with current balance, but what we lack is point of view of developers, we dont know where mod is heading and how it will looks like in future, maybe current limits fit very well in future version of NI lets say 0.4.0
I think the main question should be: how devs see teamwork in the mod? and what teamwork is designed for future versions?

You don't need to know the dev point of view to discuss the current state of the mod. Atm, I feel no desire to play hardmode solely because its not fun to die at first waves. No matter how good your teamwork is, you will get overwhelmed, even if you have team full of commandos/snipers/knights with legendaries.
If these changes are for future versions, then I dont agree with their decision to make this version of Hard mode not fun to play.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by evildan - 05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 06-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 06-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Nemeth - 06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 07-03-2012, 06:26 AM