Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

X-Com : Enemy Unknown
The original was badass ... I don't have to say much but these few words : Research, Sectoid, Funding, City Invasion, Crashing UFOs, Interrogations, Ranks, etc...

But don't get me wrong, I'm not here to talk to you about that classic, but the remake. And by remake, I'm not talking about failed attempt by a third small party copying the game but changing the graphics. I'm talking about a BIG remarke , funded by no one but 2k Games !

" 2K pumped all the money and resources needed to make its XCOM remake a triple-A, multiplatform release, developer Firaxis has said. "

Firaxis will be remodeling and improving everything you know about this game, and it wont be a stupid (excuse my opinion here) FPS based in the 50s. We're talking Geoscape again with bases you have to manage the staff , inventory , the funding from the country you're defending, developing weapons, etc..

Read more at :

Firaxis X-Com

Game Informer Magazine
I hope they develop separate interfaces for PC versus console so there are logical controls on the PC version. Too many games for console and PC have the PC version as just a weak console port that can't really be customized.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
2K games were always good at making the "bridge" from PC to console. I'm not worried.

Check this video to see how the gameplay will work (suppressing fire, sniper, new base layout, interaction between soldiers/scientists, etc...)

I find it funny that he spent almost half the video explaining how Action Points work in turn based games and presented it like something innovative. Like that system hasnt been already used in the good old Jagged Alliance games, that are around for almost 20 years (wikipedia time: first JA released in 1994).

Anyway, I never really played the original X-com, but I always liked turn based strategies, so I'm looking forward to this. Looks neat.
When I first read your post, I thought this was about the FPS. When I then tried to look for the FPS on the web, there was some confusion. At a point I thought the two games were actually one. But no, there are two X-COM games coming, both being published by 2K Games.  :o
I may not be the best business man, but that sounds like a risky investment.

As I was watching the video you posted, I was like "meh", but then I saw the "ant farm".

WHAAAT, I CAN BUILD THIS?!??!!11 Forget the aliens. I just want to build that base...

Thank you _Sphinx_, for bringing this to my attention. ;D
Haha you're welcome.

2k Games realized they fucked up when asked to Malin to make a FPS. Fans were so angry , the creator from Micropose of X-Com was angry .. it wasn't nice. So they gave the contract to Firaxis to make an TBS without changing too much of the old gameplay, but with better graphics and some tweaks here and there. I love how the new radar system looks like and teh Ant Base farm style Tongue

The FPS will be released 2013 , and the X-Com UFO Defense is for Fall 2012 (so far)
Videos

Updated videos (new ones)

Coming out very soon ... Wink
For those who already pre-purchased it or that will buy it,

Anyone interested in a tournament in multiplayer ? We can have a ladder and see who's the best commander Wink I wouldn't mind putting some gold as reward, or maybe an entry fee and winner gets everything minus 1 entry fee (that goes to the 2nd runner)

I know I can count on Earthdforce and Sepsis, anyone else ? Smile
Looks great makes me wanna buy it!
sphinx goes missing for 3 weeks until we see him back in NI  :'(
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html