Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hard Mode Etiquette
Here's my situation, I'm a Commando that usually comes in late to Hard Servers, which usually means they have a whole team set up already. I'd like to contribute but there's one of 3 (and sometimes 4) things I could do. I could:

A. Shield/Backup Shield. But usually there is a Shielder and I if I sit still behind the shield line and wait to jump in if the Shielder falls, I feel I'd be leeching the majority of the time and/or in the way.

B. Slashing. There are usually enough Slashers I find that if I try to squeeze in, it'd be detrimental.

C. Healing. This one I usually do if I can since the team is already setup and there usually isn't a healer.

D. Revive Tome, Cade, special item juggling. Also situational.

So my problem is, how can I really help out a team in these situations? Most of the time I end up being completely useless and I would genuinely like to help, but I have no idea how to fit in to a team setup without ruining everything. Should I just give the server spot to a ranged? Are there any tips you can give to really ease me into Hard Mode Etiquette and the norms attached with Hard Mode compared to Normal?
Just grab a crossbow if every other role is filled.
Throwing anything help stag enemies at the shield wall ,preventing them to swing at the shielders.
Well I feel dumb for not thinking of that Big Grin. Thanks very much for the advice.
However, using a crossbow will be more effective for commandos since the damage output isn't affected by the proficiency or another skill like power throw/strike/draw. Only your aiming skill is worse after all. Wink
throwing does more stagging than crossbow , since you don't have to reload. Twigs do descent dmg Tongue
If you notice one of the slashers is a pikemen, you could politely ask to take his spot. As a commando your power strike is higher and his throwing skill is much higher than yours. It would be an equal trade off and beneficial to the entire team. He doesn't have to give up his spot though, so unfortunately if he says no you're stuck with ranged support. I too am a commando so I know the feeling of being useless to the team without being a shielder or slasher.
SilentKnight: 52 Royal Guard
DeadShot: 52 Sniper Hybrid
Athena: 51 Pikeman
Not necessarily. Marauder's have 8 PS. And a Legionnaire has 8 and can throw. I
(11-07-2013, 08:40 PM)Drunken Monkey link Wrote:However, using a crossbow will be more effective for commandos since the damage output isn't affected by the proficiency or another skill like power throw/strike/draw. Only your aiming skill is worse after all. Wink
No, your reloading speed is worse too, don't forget that.

Best role for commandos who can't shield is of course slasher, but pikemen must check if any commando needs a spot to slash.
Also keep in mind that commandos with no skill points in any thing cant pick most throwing weapons up. So crossbows may still be a good option if no slashing and shielding spots are available.
Come at the king Best not miss.