Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Frontmin/666's_NI_Mappack
I hereby proudly present you:

[glow=red,2,300]Frontmin's Mappack[/glow]

A whole compilation of brandnew maps with unique ideas and innovative gameplay.

1. Swadian Fortress

Far in the north at the Swadian shore a solitary castle build on the cliffs dominating the surrounding landscape encounters the relentless hordes of the northern invasion.
After the Nords took the lower area by surprise the garrison had been forced to retreat to higher ground, now it is their glorious duty to fend off the endless waves of invaders branding at their shieldwall within the mighty walls of the fortress.

Screens:

2. Swadian Vedette (Contest Map)

The very first outpost of the Swadian Empire, an island in the cold ocean near the Nord territory, besieged by the invading army.
Keep the enemies away from the lighthouse and make sure the signalfire will not be exstinguished.

3. Swadian Swamp

Infront of some former silver mines a tangly marshland offers protection for the retreating remains of the Empire's army.
Now with "Find-the-forage-bush" mini-game. Big Grin
(Ground-color has been changed since screenshots had been taken to appear more appealing in daylight.)

4. Swadian Arena

Fight  in the arena for gold and glory and make sure none of those Nord gladiators is going to survive.
Color the dirt red with their blood and earn yourself a fortune.

5. Swadian Seabattle

The lordly ship of his majesty, the Swadian King is under attack by those filthy Nord pirates!
Fight back the boarding enemies and sink their ships!
(All sorts of placeable props work on most parts of the mainship)

6. Nord Assault

The swadian provinces are under attack! The Nords found our colony deep within their own lands, now its your task to stop them from looting the village and slaughtering the population.
(Blatantly stolen from Native and transformed into a NI map.  Wink)

Some final notes:

As some of you might have noticed I had been banned, hence I am not using my usual account (_666_) to post here.
I hereby deferentially adjure the devs to understand this mappack as an atonement and reconsider my ban.
If the NI playerbase wants to get more maps and the ones seen above enhanced, support me and post in this thread.
(I am open for all kinds of suggestions/questions.)

Post Scriptum:
Hereby I, and only I, take the full responsibility for this post.
Displeased_Peasant, the usual owner of this account is not to be prosecuted in any way for this and I thank him a lot for his help.

With Regards,

I absolutely love the Swadian vedette, and the swamp they look amazing.

As for your ban, I would guess it was down to the seriousness of what you did, also whether the dev's feel like you are sorry and  feel that you have learned from what you did to get yourself banned.
Whereas the details of your ban remains unknown, I vote for you, knowing that you would not try to pull whatever it was off again Smile
Yup, I committed some really hideous deceit and I absolutely regret it.
I apologize to all those admins affected by my intrigue (Worm & Hande) and  of course something like that will never happen again.
Furthermore I just noticed that I forgot to mark the seabattle map as an alpha version, the gameplay is a bit onesided, suggestions are welcome.

With Regards,

Post Scriptum@Worm:
I simply request a second chance, which is impossible if banned from this forum, thank you very much in advance.
- Nope. - Hande
mel i know that you were probably just being stupid and everyone does that so i vote second chance and lagh at the seabattle because it needs to be WAY bigger since there is always a shitload of nords on a full server
Yep, guess I will just add a few additional boats and link them somehow.  Wink
(Could someone of the developers comment this please? I want to know how you think about the incident. Thank you.)
Even if Im not exactly a developer, maybe you'll find my opinion worth something.

Starting with number one, quite simply put the map itself is amazing but knowing the team, that bridge "will be a grinding spot" or some bull like that, so I doubt its going to work out.
Second, I like it, cant see anything the devs might complain about, unless the bots spawn from the harbor itself, which might be a problem similar to the first one.
Third, looks quite fine, as long as the AI mesh is properly done.
Fourth, eugh, might be a bit small, I remember one of my maps about the same size being removed (Though it was because it "didnt fit the theme", how does the beach fit the theme- whatever), but I think it might be worth trying. The center might be a bit too campable.
Fifth, heh, no, not going to work with horses and all.
Sixth, not sure how thats going to work either, really. Same problem as one and two.
The bridge is not that easy to defend, its pretty wide, it would take atleast 7 shielders to cover.
Same for the inner court, once they get in you are trapped, which makes fighting at the outside worth giving it a try.

They spawn at 3 different locations around those ships at the harbor, its pretty much impossible to block them there.
(Bots spawning on the ice floe should be fixed by now.)

Thanks, the AI mesh should work properly, the only problem might be bots getting stuck at tress, thats why i had to fix some trees with barriers.

Indeed, thought so too when taking a look at it from bird-view after finishing it. Big Grin
Gonna extend it to the sides.

It actually works with horses, the mainproblem is that some parts are still too narrow for bots to pass through properly, tested with 200 bots spawning at the same time and they did quite well.

Why shouldnt this map work? Camping Swadian_Town is way easier than any "grindspots" on this map.
I also thought about making a gap into the wooden wall at the left side to make the flat grass area with the mangonels accessible. (All houses are blocked of course. Smile)

Thanks for the feedback temuzu, gonna heed your advice.
(Hande just contact me for the mappack link...)
Another map will be finished soon.
Im not sure if you noticed this:
Quote:Post Scriptum@Worm:
I simply request a second chance, which is impossible if banned from this forum, thank you very much in advance.
- Nope. - Hande
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:53:22 pm by Hande »
(11-03-2012, 06:00 PM)Ezio link Wrote:last map is not your map! make owne maps dont stole them!

Edit: i think any admin must ban him again or?

(07-03-2012, 06:55 PM)Displeased_Peasant link Wrote:(Blatantly stolen from Native and transformed into a NI map.  Wink)

No need to shoot an ambulance...
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]