Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Boost Ammo for CTS
I know the Craftables got buffed from 4 ammo, but since they are seen as the 3rd best throwing weapons in-game, shouldn't the ammo be more than marketplace jarids?

I have played as archer and as xbow, and everytime you get better arrows/bolts the ammo cap increases aswell, so why should it not be so for pikemans aswell? My suggestion is to either decrease the jarids to 10 and the CTS to 12, or keep the jarid ammo and increase the ammo 13 for the CTS, thoughts?
No leggies for me
Shhh! If you complain they will lower it! To be honest I am fine with the ammo as it is though.
Hypernoma loves me. He misses me already!

(09-08-2013, 02:00 AM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Work? Ew.
I agree with power. Better items costs more (duh...) so You should get more ammo and damage with them when You buy/craft/loot them just as with the bolts/arrows..
Favorite word: Defenestration - The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
I also agree.
it feels good that people agree with my opinions.
No leggies for me
Put Jarids to 10 Ammo and CTS to 12. This puts them 2 ammo below twigs and 4 below Dragons breath, making them a strong craftable while still being inferior to the legendaries that compete with it. This way the Throwing Spears -> Jarids is still logical given the same ammo count but more damage on Jarids, and the Jarids -> CTS is logical due to more damage and ammo.

Currently, a set of Jarids will deal 576(12 x 48) damage before any modifiers are applied, and the CTS will do 520(52 x 10) damage before any modifiers are applied. Given a regular pikeman, the damage per set of Jarids and CTS are as follows:
1.Jarids: 48 with a 60% bonus will come out to 76.8p per jarid, x 12 will be 921.6p per set of jarids.
2.CTS: 52 with a 60% bonus will come out to 83.2p per CTS x 10 will be 832p per set of CTS.

Currently CTS is inferior in ammo count alone, but in total damage it is outmatched by a Marketplace item that is much, much cheaper than it. The only bonus it has if you only have to kill one heavily armored nord as it will do more damage to that specific target but will be and currently is inferior for doing the majority of the wave which is what you will most often need to do.
This has been brought up many times. I believe the developers have even said it has been changed for next patch.
Thank you Harlaus for doing these calculations.
I think that makes it very reasonable for the devs why the ammo should be buffed.
I pretty much agree with that and would be pleased about a ammo buff of these throwing thingies Smile
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
yall need to use the search function yall dig?
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
(13-07-2013, 08:25 PM)Harlaus link Wrote: Put Jarids to 10 Ammo and CTS to 12. This puts them 2 ammo below twigs and 4 below Dragons breath, making them a strong craftable while still being inferior to the legendaries that compete with it. This way the Throwing Spears -> Jarids is still logical given the same ammo count but more damage on Jarids, and the Jarids -> CTS is logical due to more damage and ammo.

Currently, a set of Jarids will deal 576(12 x 48) damage before any modifiers are applied, and the CTS will do 520(52 x 10) damage before any modifiers are applied. Given a regular pikeman, the damage per set of Jarids and CTS are as follows:
1.Jarids: 48 with a 60% bonus will come out to 76.8p per jarid, x 12 will be 921.6p per set of jarids.
2.CTS: 52 with a 60% bonus will come out to 83.2p per CTS x 10 will be 832p per set of CTS.

Currently CTS is inferior in ammo count alone, but in total damage it is outmatched by a Marketplace item that is much, much cheaper than it. The only bonus it has if you only have to kill one heavily armored nord as it will do more damage to that specific target but will be and currently is inferior for doing the majority of the wave which is what you will most often need to do.

The only thing you are forgetting here, though, is that the CTS doubles as a powerful melee weapon, about as strong as a Snake Spear. Because of that, you can keep 4 stacks of CTS with you, as you don't have the need of a different melee weapon, which you do with the Jarids. So technically, you could carry 4x10=40 CTS, but 'only' 3x12=36 Jarids.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."