Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Commando Armours
So I just got commando and am really disappointed with the variety of unlocked body armours.  I myself prefer nordic or natural coloured armours yet if its not blazing swadian red its "Everyone" armour so it has no 50% buff.  My Green Surcoat over Mail thing has 71 23.
What is there that can pass that and is not the droll red I am seeing so much of?

Images would be very helpful pertaining to high end crafted armours!
(09-03-2012, 12:52 AM)Lethwin_Far_Seeker link Wrote: So I just got commando and am really disappointed with the variety of unlocked body armours.  I myself prefer nordic or natural coloured armours yet if its not blazing swadian red its "Everyone" armour so it has no 50% buff.  My Green Surcoat over Mail thing has 71 23.
What is there that can pass that and is not the droll red I am seeing so much of?

just go play swadian invasion...
(10-03-2012, 06:43 PM)Ivanhoe_the_brave link Wrote: [quote author=Lethwin_Far_Seeker link=topic=1827.msg15445#msg15445 date=1331254321]
So I just got commando and am really disappointed with the variety of unlocked body armours.  I myself prefer nordic or natural coloured armours yet if its not blazing swadian red its "Everyone" armour so it has no 50% buff.  My Green Surcoat over Mail thing has 71 23.

just go play swadian invasion...
[/quote]

One problem with that, it doesn't exist.  I'm not asking to change the plotline of this mod, I would just like some more variety in the available armours.
I'm guessing that more variety will come in the form of future crafts, although it would be nice to have, for instance, different coloured "Coat of Plates" or something.
(11-03-2012, 03:12 AM)royalewithcheese link Wrote: I'm guessing that more variety will come in the form of future crafts, although it would be nice to have, for instance, different coloured "Coat of Plates" or something.

Agreed.  Or perhaps some nordic armours (which I take fancy to) if you are fighting nords wouldn't it make sense that you would take armour better than what you had?
Black Coat of plates is for knights, red is for commando. They have quite a big stat difference too, 49/22 and 78/27 I believe.
Obviously red allows you to move faster therefore creating a vacuum, causing blows to glance off you.
You guys are never happy and eager, just be patient, the "new' system for commando armors is so new Smile

Btw, there is the stripped armor, craftable, 81 armor...
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
(11-03-2012, 02:41 PM)Blondin link Wrote: You guys are never happy and eager, just be patient, the "new' system for commando armors is so new Smile

Btw, there is the stripped armor, craftable, 81 armor...

Which I have seen on 2 people in game and once in market.  Couldn't get the 150k up quick enough.  And again that is still railroading players.
The point is his Post isn't about necessarily "Good" armor Just Nordic, since in Native(I know this isn't Native but Lethwin-farseeker is a rebel prince of the nordic faction that tries to find followers to help him over throw the current king (For blah blah who cares) reasons.)

Since in this Invasion mode there are "Swadian Deserters" that look like Swadian troops why can't we have players that look Nordic? that fight for our side? I mean his name fits, good for role-play, if you ask me I don't see any problem with more varieties of armor it would Promote play style maybe add a set of Native  banded mail to Commando choices, I know huscarls use them but the Point is he wants to look Nordic (as if he was a rebel).

I personally would Love to see some "Veiled" helmets, such as (Sarranid Veiled Helmet, Vaegir War Helmet and Nikolskoe Helm) instead of all the helmets i refuse to wear now. Since its been my play style since I started warband. From c-rpg I would always use Light and Heavy Kuyak as my armor of choice, I know they have installed the rus pack because Nord Knights on Hard mode are wearing the Rus-scale armor, Why can't you allow players to get these armors or just buy them? over all I am for More Varieties in armor, helmet, and weapons, some times players don't necessarily go for "Good" armors with high stats Players like myself Go for armors that are Decent looking in their opinion.

[size=8pt]Edited-Changed, Lethwell to Lethwin for proper name, and fixed some spelling errors.  :Smile
[/size]
The veiled helmets are knight-only as of currently, but I wouldn't mind having more armor choices, as the armor choices for each class is pretty narrow, but I'm sure they'll add some more later on, as it's still in beta.  Wink
Auf Blut gebaut