Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Item Prefixes
So if you spend ages and 30 millions on an armor, you're not lucky and have a -2 armor, then you're screwed.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
Well yes, and if you get +2 you'll be incredibly happy. To use the D2 example again this is very similar to rolling a high level runeword. If you roll around average you will lose a little value on the runes you put into the item. If you roll the worst possible variable your item is worth MUCH less. If you roll perfect your item is worth a massive amount. That's what makes it so exciting!

That being said it might be better if the system was implemented on weapons only to help with the amount of new items and the miniscule differences between armour stats.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
What if you can respec completely to get a point, sort of like in c-RPG. With these points you can upgrade weapons/armor or even deployables (range, damage, usage?) and then like in SP you can have a Tempered Greatsword with 2+ damage or Masterwork Hurricane Bow 8) then i'd definately keep playing, although it shouldn't be as simple as a respec to upgrade a legendary to become better than the other, like just respec 52 commando, use the point on your archer with Fiendish, then it's better than the Hurricane bow, so it would need adjustments but it's just a general idea, thoughts?
That'd be a lot better, to use a respec and then upgrade an item, instead of random up/down-grades.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
if they do add it there will need to a mechanism for re-choosing the Weapon Modifier like a craftable item
good luck and have fun, remember other players are people too, make sure they want to help against the nord menace Wink
there is also much bigger problem:
ppl will craft stuff they already own just to get the best version of it; market would get full of gear that has 0/-1/-2 stats, and value of items that already has low value and are hard to sell just cuz they are so common would fall too low. On other side crafting mats price would go up, making community stocked up with bunch of gear you can't sell and overpriced crafting mats.
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do
In regards to heirlooming items, that has never been our intent and it will never be as long as I am in charge... That's CRPG's gig and we are not about to nick it.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
i like that idea alot boss, does seem like it would bring back crafting in a big way.
I have recently been down on crafting, as all of my better mid-lvl crafted items are worth alot less than the gold i put into crafting them, and lvling my crafting.
I crafted most of my gear, or in some circumstances,  had someone craft it for me.
Since the updates have rolled around, i'm lucky to get back half of what i put into an item.

this all being said, it would probably be a large weight on the already tired (although strong) shoulders of the devs, considering that they  are still working on new items, updates, etc, etc...

again, love the idea.
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
Crafting my defender after all the trouble it costs and get a bad one ? I would have probably quit. Also you still owe me for releasing the imperial armor with one more armor one week later.... for the same recipe. That system would (as stated already) add tons of items to the list without any good reason. Why don`t you work with buffs mister Banks ? Smile (e.g. the battlecry, just used on an item. In this szenario i would prefer Tea`s stuff with the gems to improve your stuff ( make it common ,rare ,epic and whatever to loot , so you need extra gems for armor, weapons, legendaries or whaterver)).

Also you should avoid a character reset to gain an additional point. Instead make the people reach higher levels ( with an insane amount of xp, maybe double it each time, and let them freely put an extra point to a wpf. Or raise the stats of an equipment piece(all to a limit ofc).

Wusel @ Omnia