Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New in the mod and the crossbow
Hello, i just started playing NI and i picked up crossbowman as a class. why? archery is not my style , commando is unnecessary , skirmisher is so easy! So yes, i checked the forums aswell, read all the suggestions as xbowman, but i still have some questions like , "how much will it take for me to reach tier 4 as xbowman?"  and "should i take the best gear until i reach tier 4?" "should i become a medic or engi?"

cheers
DB_Merarches- Legionnaire
DB_Kratos - Master Peltast
DB_ - Warden

Loots:

17.11.2017 - Dark Gothic Greaves
Welcome to Nord invasion, friend, be sure to learn all the basic terms such as 'save' and 'last' this'll make the whole 'noob' transition a lot easier for you. Smile Also commandos 'unnecessary' is a bit harsh, really big shortage of melee players right now, but anywho, onto the main question.

You've picked arguably the hardest class to level up, unlike your archer counter part you'll be getting far less kills(Due to your slower fire rate) and therefore less exp. Gear doesn't really make much difference till you hit tier 4, but luckily unlike archers crossbowmen are actually very effective at their respective job (clearing out enemy ranged and anything with throwing weapons) at T3.

You should be warned, it's a slow class to play, you aren't gonna be shooting up the place or setting the game on fire, but personally, I love my crossbowman, your true strength comes from higher difficulties( mid-late hard mode, all of ragnarok) where crossbows with their massive pierce damage can punch through the most heavily armoured nords, killing most in 2 headshots with an Arbalest.

I'd strongly reccomend the engineer tree, cades are ALWAYS required, not to say med kits aren't useful, but one guy on a server of 16 is sufficient. Anyway, any other questions you have feel free to ask.
DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
Engineer.

Long story short, levelling up sucks as Xbow, but T4 Xbow is OP
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(17-07-2013, 09:35 PM)j0n link Wrote: Welcome to Nord invasion, friend, be sure to learn all the basic terms such as 'save' and 'last' this'll make the whole 'noob' transition a lot easier for you. Smile Also commandos 'unnecessary' is a bit harsh, really big shortage of melee players right now, but anywho, onto the main question.

You've picked arguably the hardest class to level up, unlike your archer counter part you'll be getting far less kills(Due to your slower fire rate) and therefore less exp. Gear doesn't really make much difference till you hit tier 4, but luckily unlike archers crossbowmen are actually very effective at their respective job (clearing out enemy ranged and anything with throwing weapons) at T3.

You should be warned, it's a slow class to play, you aren't gonna be shooting up the place or setting the game on fire, but personally, I love my crossbowman, your true strength comes from higher difficulties( mid-late hard mode, all of ragnarok) where crossbows with their massive pierce damage can punch through the most heavily armoured nords, killing most in 2 headshots with an Arbalest.

I'd strongly reccomend the engineer tree, cades are ALWAYS required, not to say med kits aren't useful, but one guy on a server of 16 is sufficient. Anyway, any other questions you have feel free to ask.

(17-07-2013, 10:03 PM)Slayer link Wrote: Engineer.

Long story short, levelling up sucks as Xbow, but T4 Xbow is OP

Thanks for replying.I ve already learned those stuff like saving and resupplying yourself Big Grin Ofc commandos are not unnecessary, its just  my line of sight.
Not sure if I am playing much, or it is not hard yet but I already reached T2 and halfway to T3!
Im not sure if its easy to reach max equipment or it will take too long, but i will keep playing in all cases Big Grin
Also 2 headshots you said? in normal they re dying in 1 body shot Sad

Those were my questions for now, if I have any, I ll post it here!

Thanks
DB_ - Warden

Loots:

For leveling I'd actually say that crossbowman is easier to level than archer in the first 2 tiers.

This extends to t3 if you happen to be lucky enough to have a bolt tosser, just spam bodyshots on rangers.

I'd say engineer for crossbowman, unless you happen to get a tome.

Equipment wise, crossbow gear is pretty cheap until you get to the legendaries or t4 armor.
i agree with what J0n said i just want to add that some gear is better avoided like steel bolts they only add one damage and most of the time you can get better ones of someone else, don't worry about foot armour ether it isn't that helpful. and though i agree if you do go for a Support Class go engineer xbow men benefit lots from having a strong position, though you might also want to not pick one till later as a backup shield can also be helpful and this will help you get over the slower low level leverling, go engi after you can get lots of kills on your own

also you should focus on your head armour as most of the time you will be in shootouts with nord archers and they head shot lots and practice only fighting one or two at a time
good luck and have fun, remember other players are people too, make sure they want to help against the nord menace Wink
Well, I guess everybody has their opinion about xbows, so instead of giving mine I advise you to concentrate on facts. Observe and check few things - for example how many people decided to choose crossbowman hero classes (and generally how many ppl play as xbowman), how successful is xbowmen while soloing or how it performs "kill-wise" in comparision to other shooter classes.

Of course its your choice. If you simply like an xbow, it doesnt really matter.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
Thanks for all the info guys , it is really helpful. If anyone have something to say, please go on! Tongue
DB_ - Warden

Loots:

First of all, welcome to the mod! It's always good to have new people which also happen to be eager to learn! Big Grin
I'll list some pros and cons about the xbow here, though remember that they are my opinion, so do with it what you want:
Pros:
  • Unlike archers, you can deal some damage at all tiers;
  • Tier 3 and 4 have pinpoint accuracy, tier 3 with most weapons but the strongest, tier 4 with all of them, allowing very long range shots;
  • Access to big shields, which make for some excellent ranger bait;
  • Access to the best armor after infantry, allowing you to actually take some damage;
  • Very good 1 handed melee skills, so don't be afraid to melee some of those bots, because you can easily handle most normal mode bots!
  • Tier 4 crossbows deal amazing damage, up to 150p damage per shot!
And the cons:
  • Generally slow weapons, resulting in a low rate of fire;
  • Low Athletics and heavy armor make you slow, and the combination of these 2 points make you a rubbish kiter;
  • Shield skill is too low and shield too weak to properly shield in a shieldwall;
  • Tier 4 relies heavily on crafted weapons, making it a rather expensive class.
That's just about all the cons I can think of now. Tongue
Keep in mind though, that some crossbows have a rather high reload speed, allowing for quick follow-up shots. When I use one of those weapons (the Arbalest in my case) on Hard mode, I generally end up scoring the most kills of the entire team with just ranged.
So although a little bit slow to level and maybe a bit hard to learn how to use properly, the crossbow has an amazing potential, even without choosing a hero class.
Hope it helped! Wink
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(17-07-2013, 10:22 PM)Huscarlton Banks link Wrote: For leveling I'd actually say that crossbowman is easier to level than archer in the first 2 tiers.

This extends to t3 if you happen to be lucky enough to have a bolt tosser, just spam bodyshots on rangers.

I'd say engineer for crossbowman, unless you happen to get a tome.

Equipment wise, crossbow gear is pretty cheap until you get to the legendaries or t4 armor.

having a bolt tosser? isnt it a legendary weapon? Tongue
DB_ - Warden

Loots: