Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Normal server for rookies only
Hi NI community,

I hope I am in the correct board to post this.

I had a few times the chance to play with a low tier character on a normal server with only low tier players. I must say that these games were always kind of fun and had their own charm.

Don't know whether I have this exclusive opinion, but I could certainly imagine that it would be worth having one normal server with a level restriction to a maximum of 31. Only characters with 31 and less gain XP and drops.

Reason is following:
High chars are not challenged until challenge wave 10 or troopers wave 12. Also the XP and drops are at a minimum. This results in having a few high tiers running to the enemy spawns, slaughtering everything quick. As a low tier you have the option to risk it and follow them to get the assist XP (which could be often dangerous) or stay away and get bored or even frustrated.
Furthermore, I think that the interesting challenge for low tiers to fight in a group against doable (or for them challenging) enemies has been taken away if high level characters ravage against those early mobs.
I don't think that every low level character player is so desperate to reach the prince wave, they are more enjoying a fair challenge measured by their capabilities. I personally prefer having a good fight with a rookie team and see it as a big goal passing skirms than watching others doing the dirty work and just simply gain XP.
And I would be more entertained being a valued member of a rookie team who made it to troopers than an useless observer hiding behind cade, not being a real help (except of juggling) and see how the prince got beaten up.

I would appreciate if you developers at least would have a certain thought about this idea. Maybe give it a trail. And for those who disagree, I'm just suggesting 1 low char limited normal server out of 6 (or even more ?)

Thanks
Ikarus
"Swadians are cowards - they just hide and shoot" - King Ragnar
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is what the much talked of 'easy' mode will be.
As for the idea, a group of low levels usually wipe on wave 2 if they get priests, without high end players, they would rarely make followers.
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
I agree with Ikarus. This seems like a good idea to me.
Pretty sure now this Thread is in the wrong board. Would a kind moderator please move it ?

Thanks
Pretend I'm the search function and click this.

But whatever happened to Easy mode plans? Was it put so far back on the back burner that it fell off the oven?
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
I would love this. So high levels wont carry the team anymore. And lower levels will have to learn how to play together.
(23-07-2013, 02:32 AM)NickyJ link Wrote: Pretend I'm the search function and click this.

But whatever happened to Easy mode plans? Was it put so far back on the back burner that it fell off the oven?

Wrong. Scroll farther down, and you will see that Pikeman got the Search Function treatment and sent a link to my original one, the link is;
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...544.0.html
Hehahahehooha! I win (for once..)!
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
I'm less for an easier version but more for a limitation of max level on normal.
Both ideas valid imo. Just make sure that not the high tiers are on easy then, expecting easy farming of drops or playing god slayer.
I'm not one for putting a maax level on Normal, as I really love to slash my way through underpowered bots every now and then, and it would cut of the access to legendaries the Normal bosses drop to high level players.
I'd say make an different mode for it, but that's been discussed multiple times already.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I'm currently a low level player and we need higher levels to actually get far in the rounds, If it was just people my level we would probably just die on wave 4 or 5 seeing as we can easily get 2 hit killed with crappy gear.. I like having higher levels helping out,
Get to check out what kind of gear you will be using at their levels, Ask them questions if you need advice on the class you are picking and its generally fun watching them slaughter everything Tongue

Edit: I love the idea of easy mode though so we don't have to hide behind higher levels all the time Wink Would make things much more fun for lower levels instead of focusing on leveling up so we can actually get some decent kills and survive 1-2 hits.