Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hard Mode 47. You Found: 1x Sturdy Wood
While playing hard mode today the text chat is filled with:
47. You Found: 1x Sturdy Wood
I would presume that this is a minor bug, I was not sure if it had been noticed yet by any dev's so I posted it here.

Thanks Big Grin
This was also reported by Tennenoth.

(09-03-2012, 06:26 PM)Tennenoth link Wrote: Also, there are a few bugs with the output on the screen.

I get "64. You have gained a bent sword" a hell of a lot, I would assume 64 is some variable or the line number in your code! Wink

Thought I would post this here as opposed to in the bugs section because this is a more active thread.

I was playing for several hours yesterday myself and have never come across this, neither did any of the guys I played with on TS.

Have you updated to the latest client? Does it seem to be any pattern to when it happens?
I am playing on the lost_hard_eu server currently, and the message is appearing for all of the players that responded.

I have updated to the most recent client release, and it seems to appear more when people kill something and I get the message because of that.

Also it appears that I get the message in spectator mode as well, this occurs while I am following someone that is killing something.
Chances are it's their server then.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
i have been playing alot on that server as well, never got that message
(10-03-2012, 12:11 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote:Chances are it's their server then.

That could well be true, I was playing either "e something-or-other" and CATS, it wasn't one of the official ones as far as I can remember. Also, I didn't get the message at all today although a friend was gaining a lot of coal at sporadic intervals. He had quite the fit on voice chat when he found out that he didn't really get all of it! (That was today, on EU3/EU2 at roughly 21 GMT.)

Not sure anymore to be honest.

I assume these messages don't appear correctly (or at all) in the logs as it seems that if you press "L" to view your shortened copy you merely see large caps in the lines where these server messages are probably supposed to appear.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
Well me myself, my friend Yetreon, as well as several others from the servers have also had this error.

It seems that you can see other players success in the loot-rolls (everything that drops), with a prefix of e.g. ".0", ".57", etc. In most cases this was only true for one resource type, like Bent Swords. But if its active, you see these events even when you are dead. The prefix seems to stay the same, in rare cases I think I have experienced that different resources were concerned.

On top of that visual bug, I am not sure if I ever got ANY item of that kind myself, while the bug persisted.

Also I don't know if it's just normal luck/bad luck, but I have had many sessions where I had almost no or no drops, esp. in hard mode - and other some ppl. experience a LOT of dropping Grinder Helmets (3 or 4 a day) and Warpicks (Dancer, YES THIS IS YOU Big Grin). Not saying that they get my drops or anything. I just have a bad feeling about this. Maybe sometimes the loot sharing system does not work as it should. When I play myself it seems fine, though.

There you go, even with Star Wars quote... everything is better with a Star Wars quote, now "move along".
Having the same problem, it's on Normal and it's: 99. You found 1 x Bent Sword. They don't even show up in inventory, but they SPAM my chat. Everytime something dies
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
I ahve it too sometimes like i had a message for wood of glasir while i was in spectator xD.

Anyways i never get any loot rather then heavy cloth and hardened metal not even 1 single lot which is legendary, shade ores, bent swords, grinder helms and those drops which everyone looting atm. Which i find my self stupid trying to farm something while others are selling them because they got 2 or more drops of the same item in 2 hours xP
A couple of days ago i played hard with some friends, and this came up:
49. You Found: 1x Wood of Glasir
Like 30 times.. And i checked my crafting items, 0 wood of glasir :-\