Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Teamwork?
One thing I hate about this mod is that people are selfish, they quickly try to rush towards the horde in order to get some exp first, without knowing that others could not catch up and in the end, get overwhelmed at the next spawn and the process is repeated until everyone dies one-by-one by the massing horde.

This co-op isn't exactly working the way it should be, :-\ and for the fact that the highlight of this game now is to "go in and mindless kill ftw" instead of "work together and fight hard" harms the longevity of this mod. Heck, even the cavlary players are rushing towards the spawn point first while the infantry slogs their way over, losing out on precious assist EXP.

Here are a few fundamentals I believe that can be changed

(F1)Assist EXP: A wonderful implementation of this mod, it makes people less angry, everyone has fun killing peasents together, and no one's tk-ing one another for ks-ing. But it does have one HUGE flaw. Any player would panic and follow the ramboing player that hogs all the exp, who would be in coincidence, enter the spawn point of the enemies

An example would be like this:

Wave 7,
Soldier 1: Hey, that guy's going rambo on the horde. We cant let him steal our exp!
Soldier 2: Yeah, lets all rambo together at the spawn point, we cant let him hog all of it!
(Soldiers go charge up to the spawn, and finish off everyone, wave 8 pops up)
Soldier 1: Wtf? We're surrounded! Earghhh!
Soldier 2: Wait, I'm not prepar...Earghhh!
(Everyone gets slaughtered)

The assist EXP clings onto players like a death cloud, if someone charges head on first, no one gets the assist EXP, and like every slippery slope, it will end with failure, or guts or bones of Swadians flying into different places. There has to be something to stop this headless hogging of EXP, the assist EXP has to reward players working together and punish solo players, not the other way around.

(F2)Lack of fear: Fear is what make people hesitate, or think it through so as not to get yourself killed again. The starter rounds are so easy, that I can even take them on with my fists. The lack of fear, and to the extent of calling these peasents a joke, led to people having to run over the spawn point since peasent fists do nothing to them whatsoever(or see F1) and by the time stronger waves come to mind, people would have already viewed them as "meat" and charge headlessly(and alone) again to repeat the process. Even if there is actually going to be some sort of teamwork organized, judging by the distance between the horde and the players, it's near impossible to impose a quick shieldwall or something. Get these Damn peasents something to fear of! Give them something that lacks range or damage(like clubs and sickles), but will be good enough to overwhelm solo players easily.

(F3)Extreme exploitation of spawn points and the lack of facility usage: People are so obsessed with spawn points (for some reason, or reasons above) that everyone just literally charge on towards  the spawn points. The shrine and refill spots are abandoned and too far to be useful by the time trouble hits the fan. Archers or the wounded would only have no choice but to charge towards the impending horde melee to risk taking out some of the horde in exchange for theirs. The only point people go to these spots if boss waves really come up and scare the hell out of everyone. There has to be a home base advantage for players to properly utilize the base camp as a sort of defense.

[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I totally agree with everything you've said, and I just got off a server and can see what you mean! This is so tricky to combat by the very nature of the game and some of the players, this is why the next patch will focus on introducing hard/hardcore mode (name TBD) and we will probably have at least 1 server running this permanently.

Essentially what it will be is a completely revamped troop tree for more serious players, for example:

Wave 1: Nord Recruit (basic sword/shield/armor) - if you try to solo these you will get mobbed and eaten alive
Wave 2: Similar to Nord Chuff
Wave 3: more Nord Recruit
Wave 4: Nord Boss with support (fairly high level stuff)
etc.etc.

And whats the reward you say? Well, selfish players who run out to the spawn etc. will get absolutely raped. hardcore. no question about it! How about the reward for players that work well as a team? Well all the enemies in hardcore mode will have something close to a 4x multiplier for xp/gold. So a Nord Recruit (equivalent to peasant) will be worth around 10-15xp!

Do you think this would help alleviate some of the problems?
sounds great,
I think it will help, yes. But i wonder how it will go since people all might just go hardcore just for the more XP, or every good player will go to hardcore server thus making the easy server very hard, since there are no good players which help the team.
...And thats why I want a horse!
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
(24-11-2011, 05:37 PM)Jez link Wrote: I totally agree with everything you've said, and I just got off a server and can see what you mean! This is so tricky to combat by the very nature of the game and some of the players, this is why the next patch will focus on introducing hard/hardcore mode (name TBD) and we will probably have at least 1 server running this permanently.

Essentially what it will be is a completely revamped troop tree for more serious players, for example:

Wave 1: Nord Recruit (basic sword/shield/armor) - if you try to solo these you will get mobbed and eaten alive
etc.etc.

And whats the reward you say? Well, selfish players who run out to the spawn etc. will get absolutely raped. hardcore. no question about it! How about the reward for players that work well as a team? Well all the enemies in hardcore mode will have something close to a 4x multiplier for xp/gold. So a Nord Recruit (equivalent to peasant) will be worth around 10-15xp!

I think the wave suggestions are abit too hardcore considering we spawn in 4 waves.

Perhaps I might be thinking too far in this, but what about 3 modes?

Easy mode should be like what we currently have now, whilsts EXP is down by 1/2, for training purposes. Boss waves should be nerfed particularly for this game mode.

Medium mode is the more beefed up variant, with the peasents wearing tunics and armed with sickles/knifes/clubs/shields. This is the normal variant of Nord Invasion with the same assist EXP amount that requires some extensive teamwork. Solo is not an option

Hardcore is as the waves you have quoted above. EXP should be 3 times more to offset the difficulty, teamwork is REQUIRED for this option.

A solution to stop early cavlary EXP hogging is to introduce anti-Cav units with spears specifically designed to deal triple damage against cav but not on foot, I've seen this done before in some single-player mods, where spear bracing mode(horse just touch the spear tip and the damage goes ballistics) can decimate any sort of charging calvary towards the spearman. If you can implement these features more people would be catious before charging like a one-man army with their charger horse.

But of course, these anti-Cav units are crap in infantry combat and wear no shields. Good tactics to take them out first for the calvary to charge in.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
(24-11-2011, 08:04 PM)Johao link Wrote: [quote author=Jez link=topic=145.msg875#msg875 date=1322156223]
I totally agree with everything you've said, and I just got off a server and can see what you mean! This is so tricky to combat by the very nature of the game and some of the players, this is why the next patch will focus on introducing hard/hardcore mode (name TBD) and we will probably have at least 1 server running this permanently.

etc.etc.

I think the wave suggestions are abit too hardcore considering we spawn in 4 waves.

Perhaps I might be thinking too far in this, but what about 3 modes?

Easy mode should be like what we currently have now, whilsts EXP is down by 1/2, for training purposes. Boss waves should be nerfed particularly for this game mode.

Medium mode is the more beefed up variant, with the peasents wearing tunics and armed with sickles/knifes/clubs/shields. This is the normal variant of Nord Invasion with the same assist EXP amount that requires some extensive teamwork. Solo is not an option

Hardcore is as the waves you have quoted above. EXP should be 3 times more to offset the difficulty, teamwork is REQUIRED for this option.

A solution to stop early cavlary EXP hogging is to introduce anti-Cav units with spears specifically designed to deal triple damage against cav but not on foot, I've seen this done before in some single-player mods, where spear bracing mode(horse just touch the spear tip and the damage goes ballistics) can decimate any sort of charging calvary towards the spearman. If you can implement these features more people would be catious before charging like a one-man army with their charger horse.

But of course, these anti-Cav units are crap in infantry combat and wear no shields. Good tactics to take them out first for the calvary to charge in.
[/quote]

Yay horse archery!
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
I think it would be easier for beginners if nord peasants had to more exp.
It'd also be easier for the higher levels if Nord Peasants had more XP, don't you agree?
You are right.