Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Commando Hero Class?
Hello there!

Two handed weapons have always been my favorite kind of weapons in Mount&Blade. I like their moveability and agility that allow them to hit and block almost at the same time.

The sad thing about this is that there isn't such a class in nordinvasion which is why I mostly play as a pikeman, who has all those features, just another weapon type. Commandos are extremely slow in their heavy armors, their agility is close to being as bad as rock's one and their low weapon proficioncy makes longer solo fights impossible.

My suggestion:
Change the legionaire hero class to a new one that has the following features:
- High athletics value
- New available armors that have a protection value comparable to sharpshooters' and a weight similar to pikemen's
- Higher weapon proficioncy, and at the same time lower power strike value, so they only deal slightly more damage than the normal commando
- Weapons with a high attack speed such as an Eastern Katana
- maybe more changes?

Thanks for noticing. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who is interested in playing such a class, so some feedback would be awesome! Smile

Drunken Knight

EDIT: Seeing those commandos moving that slowly gives me cancer every time, forgot to say that.
the legionaire hero class is good, i dont think we will need change
☻/
/▌ = Mimer
/ \
best you can hope for is legionnaires getting a light armour to make them better at going after rangers

inb4Senni

(04-08-2013, 09:41 PM)Senni link Wrote: Make me a model Wink
good luck and have fun, remember other players are people too, make sure they want to help against the nord menace Wink
(10-08-2013, 03:18 PM)Mighty_Mathias link Wrote: the legionaire hero class is good, i dont think we will need change

good ? For me its the most useless heroclass ingame. Why do we need commandos throwing ? Thats the job of the Pikemans, a Commando better shields or slashs and i think there would be only 1 or 2 legionaires. Only it was 150k at the beginning many commandos choosed it. Its just a waste of money in my opinion and can destroy some rounds because commandos prefer to throw instead of slashing or shielding.

So i like the idea of monkey to get a new hero class.
Loots: 0 
I think legionnaire class was intended to offer something different from just shielding and slashing. Legionnaire can still do the usual commando job, but in a team with too many commandos or for special waves like Thor's, the throwing skill becomes useful. There must be about as many legionnaires as there are royal guards, so the proportion is still ok.

As regards commandos' speed, it could be planned to add a couple of lighter armors for zweihander to encourage duel and fights on open ground ; But I think 7 athletics is enough and current hero classes already answer to the different possible playstyles.
I enjoy the pikeman class with its moveability and its long weapons. I find them better than 2h weapons !
(10-08-2013, 03:49 PM)ON_Alex link Wrote: [quote author=Mighty_Mathias link=topic=16777.msg131879#msg131879 date=1376147909]
the legionaire hero class is good, i dont think we will need change

good ? For me its the most useless heroclass ingame. Why do we need commandos throwing ? Thats the job of the Pikemans, a Commando better shields or slashs and i think there would be only 1 or 2 legionaires. Only it was 150k at the beginning many commandos choosed it. Its just a waste of money in my opinion and can destroy some rounds because commandos prefer to throw instead of slashing or shielding.

So i like the idea of monkey to get a new hero class.
[/quote]

Comes down to the player not the hero class they have chosen.

I see a lot more commandos that have lower tier gear and that are hybrid do more work than afk Royal Guards.
Even if you are a slasher bring in a shield so you can fill in the line if one shielder falls. 
I say bring back one hander hero class!

Give us a sword which has 150 speed, but only 10 cut damage!

[Image: GAME-OF-THRONES-Needle-Sword-of-Arya-Sta...eplica.jpg]

Wink
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
Legionnaire IS one handed it just also has throwing skill too

(28-05-2013, 12:44 PM)Nka19 link Wrote:Hero Classes for Commandos:

see 40 more one handed wpf
good luck and have fun, remember other players are people too, make sure they want to help against the nord menace Wink
Not enough, need moar proficiency, 300 at least
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
why one handed suck at slashing as they are too short and the only thing you can brawl is low levels and ranged bots, it would be better to see them with 1 extra athletics to close with rangers