Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Support Slot Changes
Right. I have been thinking recently. I think people take support/deployable items for granted these days. This suggested change would fix that and add a degree of difficultly and strategy to using support slot/items.

I suggest that ALL support/deployable items be useable ONLY in support slot (This includes medic boxes).

Benefits:
Makes game harder
Makes people actually choose support classes earlier and stops people from not choosing one until they reach level 52
Makes people strategically set up gear to bring in what is needed for the team, balance bringing in a tome or a medic kit
Makes the higher tier support items, such as high tier medic kits actually get crafted instead of overlooked
Makes the higher tier support items actually stand out from their lesser counterparts and worth the massive crafting cost increases

I do not see any disadvantage to this suggestion, I see it as a way to get people to appreciate the items they have and put thought into what they need. Yes, I assume some people will say, but then a full time medic can't bring in 4 boxes, he shouldn't have to is my answer. If you are on a 12+ player server, there really should be at least 4+ medic support class players, which would mean 4 boxes for a full time medic and if there isn't, even 1 player bring in a medic box every respawn would mean he has 4 boxes by start of wave 13.
I would have no opposition to this because I already do it this way. ;D
SilentKnight: 52 Royal Guard
DeadShot: 52 Sniper Hybrid
Athena: 51 Pikeman
I do like this idea with the new support items that have come out recently
I completely support you, Ragnash.
I would perhaps ommit ammo boxes as no one would bring them if this change happened. Or make it so each character can bring 1 ammo box in normal slot + 1 support slot max.
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
(12-08-2013, 11:41 AM)iBlue link Wrote: I would perhaps ommit ammo boxes as no one would bring them if this change happened. Or make it so each character can bring 1 ammo box in normal slot + 1 support slot max.

Yet again, it is a matter of balance. If you are camping a spot on a map with no ammo refill, what would you rather, one person bring in 1 ammo box or that same person bring in a normal cade instead? That 1 ammo box every 4 waves would be much more useful than 1 normal cade.

This would also make the big ammo crate useful, as it stands at the moment, big ammo crate can only be used on support slot, where as the small ammo crate can be used in all. Which means it is much easier and significantly cheaper to bring in 2 small ammo crates then pay the extra large amount of materials to craft and bring in a big ammo crate.

I don't think you can actually set it so only 1 slot can be used instead of all 3 anyway and I feel that is too easy a solution, make a team actually have to choose what is more useful to them, adds more depth and strategy, may even lead to new map strategies.
I completely support this idea. It also creates the environment for a better teamplay rather than just stacking up cades and hiding just hiding behind them.

Mythik
Sounds like an idea,.
Would you make a list of all the support item IDs that you want support only?
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
We were able to die before a respawn, to bring 3 small ammo crate + a barricade/barrel. I hope a change about small ammo crate is coming soon.

As regards medic box, small medic box and surgeon's kits, it should be more interesting from now.
Wait you were able to put support items outside of Support slot!?!?!?!! this i did not know....well i will never know how it feels or how horses were, or how I got my first Legendary [the last one is a lie, idk what i'm thinking i think there was something in the milk i used for my Mac and Cheese.. lol jk.]
But yah sounds fun even though i never really see why have more Support when i can have a Extra Sheild/arrow/sword/something not support.