Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Aventurier Hero Class
When looking at what Hero Class to pick for my sharpshooter it dawned on me how useless the Aventurier hero class is and why perhaps no one in the community has picked it nor even talks about it. I think perhaps the Aventurier should go in the same way as the legionnaire class and get a bit of a re-vamp.

Statistically, by picking Aventurier you gain a bonus to one handed weapons (currently none exclusive to the class IIRC) and a +1 increase to athletics, giving you about the same speed as a hero commando. The one handed bonus has practically no benefit as one handed weapons are almost never used in late normal/ hard/ ragnarok waves so in theory you're paying 750k for a +1 bonus to athletics. An attractive prospect I know.

The whole idea of hero classes was to provide you with a choice and incite you with different skills however I see nothing in this hero class that could possibly cater to anyone's play style. So I recommend altering the class in either of two ways:

Either:
-Allow the Aventurier access to some of the commando armours and one handers to make it slightly more durable and also more of a damage dealing class.
-Give a bonus additionally to two-handed and power strike so it can fulfil a slashing role if needed
Or:
-Increase athletic skill more and perhaps some new Aventurier exclusive one-handers!
-A new form of weapon the pistol crossbow (don't ask me how you'll get a model or animation for that one!) that suffers reduced damage and armour penetration than a normal xbow however can be reloaded whilst moving, thus allowing the crossbowman to kite somewhat and fufilling a lighter support role.

Just a few suggestions as I hate to see the devs spend time on such a class that is never used.  Sad
_Greatsword_- lvl. 52 Pavise Champion
MC_HAMMER -lvl. 52 Commando & Trickster's scapegoat
Pencil_Dick -lvl. 41 Skirmisher & Filthy Wench
Russian_Standard lvl. 22 Archer
Убей их всех! (#RU community NI represent!!!)
Well, it could be sorta the halberdier of the xbow, by giving is access to heavier and stronger armors, more in line with infantry, like you said, not giving it more athletics, quite a bit of powerstrike, and some 1 handed, 2 handed and a bit of shielding, though not as much as the pavise (7, maybe). That way, it could be a buffed up infantry-xbow hybrid.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I find the pavise champion more pointless, what use is extra shielding?

Perhaps a buff in athletics (+3) and some special one handers?
But if you want athletics why not hybrid pikeman?
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
(16-08-2013, 12:12 AM)Handef_Snizel link Wrote:I find the pavise champion more pointless, what use is extra shielding?

you mean apart from being one of the best shielders in the game second only to royal guard, and even with royal guard it can still be helpful to have a back up
good luck and have fun, remember other players are people too, make sure they want to help against the nord menace Wink
Popular Hero classes are the ones covering roles that exist in gameplay, Basicly a player can be a shielder, a slasher or a shooter. If hero class makes him superb in his role or allow him to be good at it and in the same time be good in some other role, then people pick it up. The aventurier doesn't give you any of that. I think infantry hero classes are a good example - thery is a superb shielder (Royal Guard), a good shielder and a slasher (Zweihander), a good shielder and a shooter (Legionnere, but i think he should be able to use jarids or sth similar). Crossbowman hero classes (and others) should follow the same route and the aventurier should be good shooter and a good slasher (good 2h or polearms proficiency, bonus to power strike skill and access to good slashing weapons.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden