Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendaries and the average green drop.
Time Spent on Ragnarok: 3 and a half hours
(after one successful run and one failed run to Thor)

Green drops: none

Normal Mats: 12 basic wood, 4 heavy cloth

Ragnarok is not really worth it atm with the time spent on it. I would easily get more mats on Hard mode including normal.
AFG AFG AFG

DO NOT MESSAGE ME.
atm it doesn't feel rewarding at all reaching odin and killing him most of the time, in my last 5 ragnarok runs (where we reached and killed odin) the only thing i got that was somewhat worth was 1 lump of lead, pls devs do something about it

Only people who don't deserve legendaries loot them. - YuriTheRed

I looted 3 legendaries so this is most definitely true.
(31-08-2013, 02:54 PM)Pikeman link Wrote: atm it doesn't feel rewarding at all reaching odin and killing him most of the time, in my last 5 ragnarok runs (where we reached and killed odin) the only thing i got that was somewhat worth was 1 lump of lead, pls devs do something about it

/Agree - I find myself having to drink more and more to be able to withstand so little reward from Ragnarok over and over.
Yeah, ragnarok is too easy, you are all right. Devs can't imagine how boring it is  Wink
Btw, Odin is still friendly ?
(31-08-2013, 04:12 PM)Yvain link Wrote: Yeah, ragnarok is too easy, you are all right. Devs can't imagine how boring it is  Wink
Btw, Odin is still friendly ?

Does not matter if its easy and nothing drops.
When it was hard is was not rewarding
Now its easy its not rewarding.

The above is every listed drop report in this thread so far. This thread was started 16 days ago. So, listed above, ignoring reports where the drops are not date specified there have been:
45 x Old Boots
48 x Rough Cloth
35 x Crooked Stick
22 x Basic Wood
15 x Bent Sword
1 x Bone Shard
1 x Coal
2 x Twisted String
5 x Heavy Cloth
2 x Hardened Metal
5 x Sulphur
2 x Zinc Shard
1 x Bronze Arrowhead
3 x Water of Hvergelmir
1 x Bear Fur
1 x Wood of Glasir
3 x Small Lump of Lead
15 x Sturdy Wood
7 x Wolf Teeth Necklace
1 x Steel

A total of 18 Green drops reported in this thread. I'd wager that there have been many more looted by many more players than those 3-4 who posted in this thread, or that since their post there have been several more green drops for them. If you exclude steel and coal, it is 16 green drops reported by 2 players. I know burnnt's is really counting an entire server, but for the ease of talking I will count it as one player, one report.

Each one of these reports used gives the time span as three- three and a half hours maximum. So, it isn't really 18(16) drops in 16 days, but 18(16) drops in 6 hours. I believe slayer and mystic were playing together in the same server, so I did not add them, but counted them as 1 time.

As Ragnash and several dev's have said time after time,
(15-07-2013, 08:34 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: People need to understand that monitoring a drop rate for 1 hour or 1 day does not give an adequate amount of data to make a judgement on whether the drop rate is too low or too high.
(27-08-2013, 04:32 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: I'm so bored of this rubbish of no-one looting legendaries for half a year. Absolute crap... Just because players don't publicise theirs drops, it doesn't mean that they aren't dropping. The drop rates are designed to allow a higher chance of a drop from more difficult enemies. A perfect case and point is the Ullrs bane that dropped using the pre-celebration drop rates...
Hyper may have been talking about legendaries, but the same is true of green drops.

Now, I am not going to say if the Rag drop rate is too high or too low, I have said before in this thread my only concern is Hard/Normal mode drops for low level players. What I will say, is picking out 2-3 hours where you did not receive a green drop is not an effective way to present your case. Just because you did not receive a drop, does not mean no one did, and just because you did not receive a drop for 2-3 hours does not mean they do not drop, or that it needs to drop more.

Additionally, you must consider what will happen if you do indeed raise the drop rate to a level you find acceptable. Given that the same 10 or so players are the ones consistently going to Odin when a Rag run happens, you should consider it not only from your own perspective, and from the perspective of other players, but from the balance of the game as a whole. If the drop rate is buffed, then all of the effects of that will be concentrated in the same 10 hands with a dozen or so on and offs, and then that could have several negative effects for the community as a whole, where the same 10 names are always getting the best gear and what not, which is the exact opposite of what should happen with the current economy, where new names should be getting wealthy and able to become one of those rich players with many legendaries/high tier craftables if they put in the effort. If the rag drop rate is increased substantially, then that may very well be no longer the case and many, many players would be frustrated and angry.

Please remember all of the possible effects when the drop rate is changed, and Developers are less inclined to listen to whining and selective data presented by a small number of players rather than a well thought out argument with useful and comprehensive data to back it. I play for 8+ hours a day currently, I am in these same servers, and I do not receive much more green drops, if any more, than most of you. Still, I am not mentioning I went to odin and got no green drops because the balancing act, I am sure, is very difficult and perhaps there is no perfect solution to satisfy all players and the goals of the development team. A perfect example of this is during the celebration period with increased drop rates, players were quite happy that so many green drops dropped, but quickly several began to mention how Damascus/water/other loots were dropping "too much". The same with legendaries. They complained "No legendaries in 8 months", and then quickly said the drop rate was too high. The balancing act must be incredibly difficult and the fact that players complain about it no matter what must make it all the more difficult to deal with, and make them less inclined to change it at all because of player concern.

So, what I am getting at is that it would be refreshing to see a detailed list of drops in a certain period of time, and why that is too much/too little, and what you think should be the proper amount of those materials dropped in that time. It is getting boring and redundant to see three to four players consistently post " 3 hours, 1 sulphur 1 bronze arrowhead, buff drop rate please".

(31-08-2013, 04:16 PM)Harlaus link Wrote:

(18-08-2013, 05:05 PM)Winter link Wrote: Ragnarok 1:
1 x Sulphur
1 x Zinc Shard

Hard 1:
1 x Bronze Arrowhead
1 x Water of Hvergelmir

Ragnarok 2:
1 x Sulphur

Hard 2:
1 x Bear Fur
1 x Water of Hvergelmir
1 x Wood of Glasir
1 x Small Lump of Lead

(17-08-2013, 09:00 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: For some reference. This is everything I looted from level 1-52 on an alternate character that I created in 0.5.0. I do not know the exact playing time, and this is going quite deep on every run I was on. Also be aware that this is playing with some of the best teams out there and with the best gear available. So the waves that were reached are not a true representation of how an average new player would fair.

*I have another from 1-42 with much less created at the same time.

(17-08-2013, 05:59 AM)Slayer link Wrote: 3 hour Ragnarok run with basically the best of the best players that are active at the moment.

loot:

14 x Old Boots
6 x Crooked Stick
48 x Rough Cloth
9 x Basic Wood
15 x Sturdy Wood
7 x Wolf Teeth Necklace
1 x Steel

Safe to say I'm not playing ragnarok again for a while.

(17-08-2013, 05:58 AM)burnnt link Wrote: Rag run on overgrow, 3 hours . In that time 16 players got  1 bear fur, 3 sulphur , 2 small lump of lead ,1 water , 1 zinc.  thats 48 man hours for 4 actualy useful crafting mats.

(19-08-2013, 05:25 AM)Handef_Snizel link Wrote: Over the last 3 or 4 VLKA rag runs, I have looted:
6x Old Boots
3x Heavy Cloth
1x Heavy Metal
1x Sulphur

And thats from about 10 hours of gameplay
However over the last few VLKA hard runs, I have made far more loot from what I remember correctly
19x Hardened Metal
1x Small lump of lead
~300x (Old boots, Crooked Sticks, Bent Swords)
Countless heavy cloth

(31-08-2013, 02:31 PM)Slayer link Wrote: Well, now that double xp weekend is over:

2 Ragnarok runs:

Green drops:

none.

Time spent: 3 and a half hours.

(31-08-2013, 02:43 PM)Mystic link Wrote: Time Spent on Ragnarok: 3 and a half hours
(after one successful run and one failed run to Thor)

Green drops: none

Normal Mats: 12 basic wood, 4 heavy cloth

Ragnarok is not really worth it atm with the time spent on it. I would easily get more mats on Hard mode including normal.

(31-08-2013, 02:54 PM)Pikeman link Wrote: atm it doesn't feel rewarding at all reaching odin and killing him most of the time, in my last 5 ragnarok runs (where we reached and killed odin) the only thing i got that was somewhat worth was 1 lump of lead, pls devs do something about it

The above is every listed drop report in this thread so far. This thread was started 16 days ago. So, listed above, ignoring reports where the drops are not date specified there have been:
45 x Old Boots
48 x Rough Cloth
35 x Crooked Stick
22 x Basic Wood
15 x Bent Sword
1 x Bone Shard
1 x Coal
2 x Twisted String
5 x Heavy Cloth
2 x Hardened Metal
5 x Sulphur
2 x Zinc Shard
1 x Bronze Arrowhead
3 x Water of Hvergelmir
1 x Bear Fur
1 x Wood of Glasir
3 x Small Lump of Lead
15 x Sturdy Wood
7 x Wolf Teeth Necklace
1 x Steel

A total of 18 Green drops reported in this thread. I'd wager that there have been many more looted by many more players than those 3-4 who posted in this thread, or that since their post there have been several more green drops for them. If you exclude steel and coal, it is 16 green drops reported by 2 players. I know burnnt's is really counting an entire server, but for the ease of talking I will count it as one player, one report.

Each one of these reports used gives the time span as three- three and a half hours maximum. So, it isn't really 18(16) drops in 16 days, but 18(16) drops in 6 hours. I believe slayer and mystic were playing together in the same server, so I did not add them, but counted them as 1 time.

As Ragnash and several dev's have said time after time,
(15-07-2013, 08:34 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: People need to understand that monitoring a drop rate for 1 hour or 1 day does not give an adequate amount of data to make a judgement on whether the drop rate is too low or too high.
(27-08-2013, 04:32 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: I'm so bored of this rubbish of no-one looting legendaries for half a year. Absolute crap... Just because players don't publicise theirs drops, it doesn't mean that they aren't dropping. The drop rates are designed to allow a higher chance of a drop from more difficult enemies. A perfect case and point is the Ullrs bane that dropped using the pre-celebration drop rates...
Hyper may have been talking about legendaries, but the same is true of green drops.

Now, I am not going to say if the Rag drop rate is too high or too low, I have said before in this thread my only concern is Hard/Normal mode drops for low level players. What I will say, is picking out 2-3 hours where you did not receive a green drop is not an effective way to present your case. Just because you did not receive a drop, does not mean no one did, and just because you did not receive a drop for 2-3 hours does not mean they do not drop, or that it needs to drop more.

Additionally, you must consider what will happen if you do indeed raise the drop rate to a level you find acceptable. Given that the same 10 or so players are the ones consistently going to Odin when a Rag run happens, you should consider it not only from your own perspective, and from the perspective of other players, but from the balance of the game as a whole. If the drop rate is buffed, then all of the effects of that will be concentrated in the same 10 hands with a dozen or so on and offs, and then that could have several negative effects for the community as a whole, where the same 10 names are always getting the best gear and what not, which is the exact opposite of what should happen with the current economy, where new names should be getting wealthy and able to become one of those rich players with many legendaries/high tier craftables if they put in the effort. If the rag drop rate is increased substantially, then that may very well be no longer the case and many, many players would be frustrated and angry.

Please remember all of the possible effects when the drop rate is changed, and Developers are less inclined to listen to whining and selective data presented by a small number of players rather than a well thought out argument with useful and comprehensive data to back it. I play for 8+ hours a day currently, I am going to odin often, and I do not receive much more green drops, if any more, than most of you. Still, I am not mentioning I went to odin and got no green drops because the balancing act, I am sure, is very difficult and perhaps there is no perfect solution to satisfy all players and the goals of the development team. A perfect example of this is during the celebration period with increased drop rates, players were quite happy that so many green drops dropped, but quickly several began to mention how Damascus/water/other loots were dropping "too much". The same with legendaries. They complained "No legendaries in 8 months", and then quickly said the drop rate was too high. The balancing act must be incredibly difficult and the fact that players complain about it no matter what must make it all the more difficult to deal with, and make them less inclined to change it at all because of player concern.

So, what I am getting at is that it would be refreshing to see a detailed list of drops in a certain period of time, and why that is too much/too little, and what you think should be the proper amount of those materials dropped in that time. It is getting boring and redundant to see three to four players consistently post " 3 hours, 1 sulphur 1 bronze arrowhead, buff drop rate please".
[/quote]

50% of whats in the list is Winters. So i wouldnt go by the list its far less for others.
How does this sound then winter:

Since the past two weeks of me playing again, I have done 16 ragnarok runs. Lets assume that each run takes 1 and a half hours of gameplay.

During the double xp and drop rate weekend, I did 3 ragnarok runs.

My loot for the double xp/drop rate (3 Runs):

2 Damascus steel
1 water of Hvergilmir
1 scale of Fafnir

My loot for 13 runs without double drop rates:

1 Lump of lead
1 Bear fur
1 Bronze arrow head
1 Wood of glasir ( in which I went nuts on irc, in game and in TS, as it was my first green drop in 9 rag runs)

Safe to say that 16 rag runs is some pretty solid data, so don't give me this 1 run evidence crap. There is 16 for you. I don't know about you, but 24-30 hours of gameplay with the best of the best for that? No thank you. I don't even want to think about how people get 200 lumps to craft some of the things that need to be crafted. It is insane the amount of time you need to put into this game, if you can't agree or admit to that, then you are extremely ignorant.

Anyway, I'm just posting my statistics as I think it is interesting, I encourage others to do the same.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Well i guess im out of these threads now, i got a shield of kings. Good luck!
(01-09-2013, 12:44 AM)evilban link Wrote: Well i guess im out of these threads now, i got a shield of kings. Good luck!

Stop hogging all the legendaries ;p