Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendaries and the average green drop.
Played since november 2011, and not a single legendary item has been found by me so far..

Beat that or stop crying. You can play this mod perfectly well without owning any legendaries or high-tier craftables.
last idea before bed i promise,

how about a slots machine in the web app where you pay money and you get a chance at anything from a legendary right down to an old boot thoughts?
Just to compare some numbers; 26 odins have died since the 29th of may (drop rate has roughly stayed the same since as have his drops Tongue).
22 after the 0.5.1 hotfix (28th july); that is in (~)18 days, 1.2 (recurring) killed a day (5 on the 31st alone). And no, there hasn't been an odin drop in that time (though the drop rate is MUCH greater than even Ragnar's).

So you can see how few odins have actually died, and how much a minor hotfix can change the balance. We are monitoring the situation closely (as I hope this shows), and we will continue to do so.

The problem with the harder modes, mainly ragnarok, but this does happen in hard too. Is the general public as a whole, won't get much further than halfway. (wave wise)
So on a general week day, an Odin kill isn't all too common (though it isn't rare either). But as soon as you throw a large house into the mix or an event, 5 Odin kills in one day. The potential to so drastically change the kill rate, makes balancing the drop rate so tricky. If we were to buff the rate to match the average (1.2/day), as soon as that was discovered, there would be a surge in Ragnarok activity. Meaning suddenly large house groups and Ragnarok events are more common -> Kill rate shoots up.

We will continue to look into what the bosses drop and their drop rates compared to their kill rates. Rest assured, we want legendaries to be rare, not unattainable Tongue
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
I believe this is going off track here right now, although I just skim read it because it concerns legendaries.

What about the green mat drop rate?

The topic was addressing several factors in terms of getting new blood into this mod to keep it alive and prosper, the player count is getting lower, the demand is outweighing the supply of what mats are coming in and what players are acquiring.

Think of the redshirts well look at it coming in as a new player and sticking it out to actually getting somewhere like myself
(15-08-2013, 01:55 PM)Sinister_Soldier link Wrote: Niezdara, then there is a problem that nobody wants to shield or being medic, because they want to kill the nords to get the FPs or do you mean they get the FPs in the assist, with your idea?

Yes, I mean everybody alive when boss is killed would get FPs. Also the one who killed a boss would gain FPs (so double amount for him), but only if he had a quest active and quests has cooldown.

Shielders and generally infantry has a hard time completing quests, so they might require some compensation. For example they can gain 20% more FPs then other classes.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
I think I played close to two years and I still don't have a legendary. I stopped playing now but not because of that.  :'(
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
you do not find enough legendaries ?  :'(
Wusel @ Omnia
The topic seems to keep drifitng to the lack of legendary drops , but not much is being said about the drop rate of green crafting mats that the market is starved for at the moment. As for the comment of being able to play the mod without  legendaries or high teir craftables , I don't think that's the case. How much can a player really contribute to a ragnarok server with marketplace gear?
Someone in a conversation I had on this topic posed a challange for a vetran player that thinks its fine as is or that the game can be played without high teir craftables. Make a new character and level it with no assistance from current resources snd no power leveing from their housemates and friends, a clean start. Then when they hit 52 see what their opinion on the current state of drops are.
My lvl 1-52 commando days were all done with market place gear. At the time the most expensive item I had was a heavy barricade which barely anybody had at the time as well. Couldn't even afford striped armor or plate mittens because I used all my mats for that barricade
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
(16-08-2013, 06:30 AM)Murrow link Wrote: My lvl 1-52 commando days were all done with market place gear. At the time the most expensive item I had was a heavy barricade which barely anybody had at the time as well. Couldn't even afford striped armor or plate mittens because I used all my mats for that barricade

And at that particular time in game development, that was some top stuff.

Trans back then would be defender armour now.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015