Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendaries and the average green drop.
Next update:

2 hours of playing time.

It gets a bit disheartening..
(15-08-2013, 02:03 PM)Senni link Wrote: (5 on the 31st alone)

Yup sounds about right, Sign off day before starting work Big Grin

How many were killed after the 31st? for personal reference.

Some decent points in this thread, that have been brought up numerous times on irc. I too fill that if green drops dropped more commonly then the community would be a lot more at peace. Rather then working towards something that would take 7 months to craft.
[Image: Xsrhktk.jpg]
He gets it
[Image: NVWGT89.gif]
Rag run on overgrow, 3 hours . In that time 16 players got  1 bear fur, 3 sulphur , 2 small lump of lead ,1 water , 1 zinc.  thats 48 man hours for 4 actualy useful crafting mats.
3 hour Ragnarok run with basically the best of the best players that are active at the moment.

loot:

14 x Old Boots
6 x Crooked Stick
48 x Rough Cloth
9 x Basic Wood
15 x Sturdy Wood
7 x Wolf Teeth Necklace
1 x Steel

Safe to say I'm not playing ragnarok again for a while.

Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(17-08-2013, 05:58 AM)burnnt link Wrote: Rag run on overgrow, 3 hours . In that time 16 players got  1 bear fur, 3 sulphur , 2 small lump of lead ,1 water , 1 zinc.  thats 48 man hours for 4 actualy useful crafting mats.

You guys owe me 10k each for leading these runs... soo you actually lost money in the 3hrs!
Liessss, Gold xp Tongue

But yeah.. rag runs are totally not worth it when it comes to green drops after spending 2-3 hours or more.
I played through 5 successful Rag Runs to finally get a green drop which was 1 x zinc Shard. I pretty sure it wasn't really worth it because each Rag Run is currently 3hrs of my time so basically used up 15hrs of my time to finally get 1 green drop . Including that Ragnarok is a severe struggle where it takes good teams and coordination to actually pull it all the way. The green drop rates are extremely low and making players not want to actually play the mod because of the time and effort the put to actually get a green drop. The green drop rate is so low to the point a player who does mostly nothing in the game can actually get a green drop instead of players who pull the team together and work hard to get through Ragnarok. I am hoping that the Devs would at least consider buffing the drop rates because then it would actually be worth playing Ragnarok and also will be easier for players to craft the new craftables as there are several new craftables that will never be crafted because the drop rates are too low.
AFG AFG AFG

DO NOT MESSAGE ME.
An idea I've been toying with, and would like to throw in here, is to increase the amount of materials needed, say by 5x, and increase the droprate 5x as well. This way, green mats will drop in worth, but are far easier to find, thus leading (in theory) to the same value of high end stuff as before.
So let's say that a certain bot now has a 1% chance of dropping a lump of lead. Increasing this to 5%, but increasing the amount of lumps needed for crafts 5x as well will lead to more, but less valuable drops. Because right now, you either get nothing, or you get 50k for one drop.
In this new scenario, you have quite a chance of getting (for example) 10k for the more common lump, and a highish chance of getting more than one through one run. That way, you could end up with 3 lumps, 3 scales, 2 waters and a zinc shard after a full rag run, instead of maybe one or two lumps.
Any feedback for this idea?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
What I have realized on, especially Ragnarok Servers, is that everytime I'm playing in a team, it is mostly the same people that have successed many in NI are doing it and which ends up in success. There is no circulation among players on those servers. Therefore, the players that are coming from behind cannot actually a neither a purpose nor a goal. In the end, they end up not doing anything. However, by increasing the green as I have explained below will at least might give a purpose to be useful to the team.

I have to agree on some certain points that people have mentioned here. Also, it is not place to tell the Devs how to make things go on NI, but I do have an idea about how things can work. Since, the main goal in NI is to achieve the waves by teamwork. After certain waves on Hard Mode, and especially on Ragnarok Mode teamplay is inevitable instrument in order to move on further throughout the map. First of all, My idea is that the more people join to the server, and secondly, the drop rate for green mates should move in a progressive rate. Also, after enhancing the team play, the drop rate for the valuable green rates should increase the more the team pushes foward on Ragnarok, i.e. 3% after each wave. Along with the 16 players in the server, the drop will be on its peak point. So, after every wave the more rewarding it should become so it would be actually worthwhile the players time. In order to finish the map, the goal is to kill Odin and there's a small chance of a legendary that one may drop. However, what about the effort that has been given in the span of a few hours? Shouldn't players be able to say that they at least got some drops that would count as complimentary goods. 

I know that there are many variables to this matter. Probably more than I can think of. Along with the effect to the prices of those mats on the AH. But trying to gather 50 Lumps, along with many other high tier mats is just frustarting and overly exhausting for the average player.

Mythik